• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member from Dayton, Ohio saying hello

westcoastkevin

Hello Everyone,
I just picked up my first BMW motorcycle. I am excited to join up and maybe go on some rides and share mechanical/wrenching tips, etc.
I picked up a 2011 R1200RT with 9,000 miles. I guess it will by my job to break it in finally.
Does 250 miles seem like a reasonable distance to meet someone for a coffee on this bike. I am thinking maybe.

Previously, I have had (and still have) some Kawasaki bikes.

If you are within a tank of gas. Let's have coffee and chat bikes and riding.

Kevin

Last edited:
Kevin, the RT is a great motorcycle to have as we head into cool weather. Hope you enjoy your ride.

Kevin; good to have you aboard on membership.

Please also consider participation with the MOA Charter Club "nearby"... the Greater Cincinnati BMW Club.

"Most" of this Club's local events are based out of the North outskirts of our metro area. You know, about 12.5 miles south of the Dayton metro area!

I didn't see you out yesterday on my local ride from our new'ish Dealership (near you also) and for the US Air Force Museum.
Two bikes in the Museum lot... both RT's.

I discovered OH 94 from Clifton Mill/Yellow Springs too south near Xenia, and then OH 380 down to OH 350 across Ft Ancient.

Fantastic country road riding this time of year!

Hello @flyhi2cfar,
Nice to hear from you. I do not see the Cincinnati club listed here on the club list on the site. How do I connect up?
Kevin

Welcome from just south of Atlanta from a former Buckeye (NW Ohio) and current 2009 RT owner. Pics of the bike would be greatly appreciated.

Back