Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Amazon not always cheaper

Amazon is definitely not cheaper a lot of times.

When they “catch” you viewing something a time or two, the price may go up. You may think ”I thought that was cheaper than that“. Well it was.

Best thing to do if you want to keep the original price is to put that item in a “Wish List” the first time you view something that you may buy at a later date. The “Wish List“ price rarely goes up or may go up a few percent. Not 10% or $10 as I’ve seen personally.

The Classic “Bait and Switch”. It’s not just for Snake Oil Salesmen.

Charlie

p.s. Walmart online- You can get the same amount of incompetence and frustration anywhere without giving good money for the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by 72r60/7 View Post

p.s. Walmart online- You can get the same amount of incompetence and frustration anywhere without giving good money for the experience.
    With Walmart I find no reason to wrestle with their customer service. I just print a return label and take it to the Fedex box. Same with Amazon except it is usually a UPS return label.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Has anyone ever successfully purchased something online from the Walmart site? I tried for several recent purchases but frankly, their site is so poorly designed and frustrating to use that I've given up on them. If it isn't on the shelf at Walmart or one of the other local stores or big box operations then it's off to Amazon to help Bezos make his alimony payments...

Best,
    DeVern
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST — 1984 R80 G/S-PD — 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C — 2010 K1300GT — 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    Has anyone ever successfully purchased something online from the Walmart site? I tried for several recent purchases but frankly, their site is so poorly designed and frustrating to use that I've given up on them. If it isn't on the shelf at Walmart or one of the other local stores or big box operations then it's off to Amazon to help Bezos make his alimony payments...

Best,
    DeVern
    I have tried twice to use Walmart's order on-line and pickup at the store. Both times were a disaster and it would have been far quicker and easier to just go find the items on the shelves and check out through the lines.
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Where we're at (120 miles from a Costco or a Wally World), we've used their online delivery service and it's worked well for us. Also using Amazon Prime but no more than we ever have. We just don't travel to the big city very often to shop even before the pandemic.
    Gary Phillips - #6322
    Wildland Firefighter, Retired, Riggins, ID
    Heartland Moto Locos BMW Riders
    '77 R100/7 Dirt Hack, '83 R80ST, '85 K100RS w/EML, '93 K1100LT, '00 R1100RS

Quote Originally Posted by 6322 View Post
    Where we're at (120 miles from a Costco or a Wally World), we've used their online delivery service and it's worked well for us. Also using Amazon Prime but no more than we ever have. We just don't travel to the big city very often to shop even before the pandemic.
    My only real travel for anything retail is MC service..
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post

Best,
    DeVern
    I use it without any problems. Right now with Covid the site to store is not a option at our store. In the past I would check the web site for bigger purchases because sometimes it's cheaper than the on the shelf price.
    I do admit Amazon has a much better website.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    My only real travel for anything retail is MC service..
    Our town is only 7,500 population but has everything we need for retail except a motorcycle dealer.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

We live 53 miles from the nearest incorporated small town. I am 75 with COPD. I do as little in-person shopping as possible while still supporting the local grocery and hardware stores for some things. But we order from Walmart on line at least a couple of times a month without any glitches. A couple of times we decided to return something; printed the return label; and took it to the Fedex box in town with no issues whatsoever.
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    We live 53 miles from the nearest incorporated small town. I am 75 with COPD. I do as little in-person shopping as possible while still supporting the local grocery and hardware stores for some things. But we order from Walmart on line at least a couple of times a month without any glitches. A couple of times we decided to return something; printed the return label; and took it to the Fedex box in town with no issues whatsoever.
    The Walmart product costs the same in-store or delivered to my door. So, like you, we have our Walmart items on the grocery list that we order every couple of months. However, in my case, there's a Walmart store 10-miles from my house.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

The Walmart product costs the same in-store or delivered to my door. So, like you, we have our Walmart items on the grocery list that we order every couple of months. However, in my case, there's a Walmart store 10-miles from my house.
    In our case the closest Walmart is 116 miles away. We stop there if we happen to be passing by.

The Walmart product costs the same in-store or delivered to my door. .
    Like I mentioned, sometimes the website is cheaper, you have to check.
    Sometimes the store is cheaper. Last month I bought a JBL Flip 5 speaker at our local store for $90. The Walmart online price was $120.
    Last edited by Lee; 09-19-2020 at 03:48 PM.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    In our case the closest Walmart is 116 miles away. We stop there if we happen to be passing by.
    Where’s the Walmart? Guess it’s been awhile since I cannot place it
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Like I mentioned, sometimes the website is cheaper, you have to check.
    Sometimes the store is cheaper. Last month I bought a JBL Flip 5 speaker at our local store got $90. The Walmart online price was $120.
    For something like electronics, I would believe that to be the case. But, my Walmart purchases are Bar soap, Dishwasher and clothes Detergent, Trash bags, Toothpaste and Cat Litter. Especially in the case of cat litter, free delivery seems to be an obscene luxury..

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    Where’s the Walmart? Guess it’s been awhile since I cannot place it
    Fort Stckton 116 miles away.

Pecos 153 miles away.