the fit looks like this

out of box

clamp2.jpeg

installed and tightened hand tight

clamp3.jpeg

before tightening

clamp4.jpeg

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    After hand tightening the hose rotates easier than before. The clamp may be tight enough to keep it from blowing off but it isn't as tight as I would expect.

What say you?

I have used those with no issues and a few in same position seem to allow hose to rotate a bit as you have
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    After hand tightening the hose rotates easier than before. The clamp may be tight enough to keep it from blowing off but it isn't as tight as I would expect.

What say you?
    It's just a vent hose, open to the atmosphere on one end, so there should not be any internal pressure buildup and nothing to cause it to blow off. As long as the hose will not fall off, it will be fine. I would have been satisfied with a zip tie.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

That clamp is wrong. You can see that. Just because someone says it's a replacement for the Clic-R doesn't mean it actually is. If the hose is loose, fuel can leak into the hose inside the tank and then out wherever the hose leads. That's not BMW suggesting the 500 clamp as the replacement; it's just someone at MAX.

I thought the Proebeemer project was abandoned. It's good to see it active again. There was a thread on UKGSer about it where the issues were described; from memory the ability to install a float depends on whether or not the bike has ZFE-high or ZFE-low. The models with ZFE-low were made with both styles of sensor, and can be recoded somehow, The models with ZFE-high only had the fuel strip and don't have the programming for the float. Or something like that. The Proebeemer device makes the float look like the strip to the ZFE, right?
    Anton Largiader 72724
    Tech articles - YouTube
    Virginia Motorrad Werkstatt BMW motorcycle service and repair in central Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by AntonLargiader View Post
    That clamp is wrong. You can see that. Just because someone says it's a replacement for the Clic-R doesn't mean it actually is. If the hose is loose, fuel can leak into the hose inside the tank and then out wherever the hose leads. That's not BMW suggesting the 500 clamp as the replacement; it's just someone at MAX.

I thought the Proebeemer project was abandoned. It's good to see it active again. There was a thread on UKGSer about it where the issues were described; from memory the ability to install a float depends on whether or not the bike has ZFE-high or ZFE-low. The models with ZFE-low were made with both styles of sensor, and can be recoded somehow, The models with ZFE-high only had the fuel strip and don't have the programming for the float. Or something like that. The Proebeemer device makes the float look like the strip to the ZFE, right?
    Anton,

Would you have any problem installing that type of clamp if it was the proper size?

The Proebeemer.nl web site offers this explanation for this RT conversion kit:

The electrical feature of this float is different than that of the original BMW floats so that I have an interface Float Control 2 Created from a microcontroller with self-written (embedded) software to read the signal of the float and eventually, via the ZFE, send the signal to the display.

Filler tube grommet/bushing

Where can I find a replacement for this grommet/bushing which sits in the bottom of the fuel filler tube on my 07RT? I found it in the bottom of my fuel tank. It is cracked and must have gotten pushed in by a fuel nozzle sometime. Parts fiche doesn't list it and MaxBMW said you have to buy the filler tube assy to get it. Sure. Couldn't find one at the Boneyard either and searching for the stamped numbers got me nowhere.

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    Where can I find a replacement for this grommet/bushing which sits in the bottom of the fuel filler tube on my 07RT? I found it in the bottom of my fuel tank. It is cracked and must have gotten pushed in by a fuel nozzle sometime. Parts fiche doesn't list it and MaxBMW said you have to buy the filler tube assy to get it. Sure. Couldn't find one at the Boneyard either and searching for the stamped numbers got me nowhere.

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg
    Why is it even needed???
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Why is it even needed???
    That is a good question. Can anyone answer it?

It is/was a splash guard to help keep you from sloshing fuel when trying to completely fill tank. I found it easier to eyeball level without it. The newer bikes has it molded into the now red colored neck.

My 05RT must of had it in bottom of tank as well as I didn’t remove it.
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

I removed mine after about the third time I bought gas. Unless I gave the pump handle only a half-squeeze, the restriction increased the speed of the air exiting the filler tube enough that it blew gas back out onto my hand and the tank. I think I finally trash-canned it during a garage cleanout a couple years later. I don't know of any reason to have it in place.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

Thanks all. Will toss it and forget about it.