• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Anyone Here Own The BMW Airflow Jacket?

I live in South Florida and this is my go to jacket when no rain is in the forecast. I'm on my second one and definitely feel confident in the quality of the jacket that it will hold up in an accident.

I commute year around and even in 90+ heat and humidity it keeps me cool. Highly recommended.

Note that the liner that comes with it is not waterproof- it is only a wind deflector.

It''s my summer/hot weather jacket (which, in Maine, means about two weeks a year!) Very happy with it, plenty of ventilation and well made. I'd recommend it.

Yes - wore it in August across the Mojave and Sonoran deserts in 100F+ and was pretty comfortable. But on rides that began up higher or along the coast, where it was 50-55F in the early AM, I was pretty chilled. (I am a pretty lean 2% body fat, so that has to be taken into account....)

Yep, got one for me and one for the girlfriend. Tennessee is way too hot and humid for the Aerostich suits in the summertime. ATGATT for us, summertime, is the Airflow and Diamond Gusset jeans* with boots and mesh gloves. Love the Jacket!

*Yes, I'm aware of the limitations of the Kevlar lined jeans, but passing out from overheating isn't all that safe either. If you're a hero that can withstand core temperatures > 105F you are kindly invited to keep it to yourself, he said, jokingly. You do you.

Great jacket, light, good and comfortable armour, good airflow - wear it on the really hot days when the Aerostich is just too warm

tried one. it was "ok".

then got a rukka 4air jacket and pants. WOW! great airflow, fit and protection. and very nicely made.

Yes, I got a set for $189. They were noted as 2014, but makes no difference to me. The Red/gray was the only choice.

I’ve worn Airflow since they arrived in the early 2000s, and wear them year around. A rain jacket stops the air flow of course, and heated jacket liner fits underneath. Liners aren’t as convenient as hyped.

It probably seems unbelievable, but it’s not ... the black one may be the best choice. BMW advertises “cold black technology” and I can testify it does work. Reflect the heat, that is. I was sitting in the stands for MotoGP in Austin and the sun was beating down. I put my jacket back on to be more comfortable.

An important feature of these suits of course is the ability to zip jacket and pants together. It’s no accident racers wear one-piece suits, and zipped together jacket and pants are the next best thing. If separate, your pants come down when sliding down the pavement.

The Airshell is rags in comparison.

BMW was recently clearing out older stock from their warehouse, as noted above. Aside from the previous-version Airflow jacket and pants noted above, they were also selling the previous-version GS Dry suit for $99 (jacket) and $59 (pants). I bought a GS Dry suit, as did five of my friends. The GS Dry suit originally sold for $1098, and we got it for $158. All dealers had access to these sale items. Some like Bob's BMW and Max BMW (where we bought ours) advertised the sales through email.

BMW was recently clearing out older stock from their warehouse, as noted above. Aside from the previous-version Airflow jacket and pants noted above, they were also selling the previous-version GS Dry suit for $99 (jacket) and $59 (pants). I bought a GS Dry suit, as did five of my friends. The GS Dry suit originally sold for $1098, and we got it for $158. All dealers had access to these sale items. Some like Bob's BMW and Max BMW (where we bought ours) advertised the sales through email.

Nuts. I get emails from Bob’s and Max, but never saw this.

Damn, I paid full price for mine but did snag the Ralleye with the slicker for half off.

BMW Air Flow Jackets. Sizing tip

I have two BMW Air Flow jackets and mostly rode an '85 K100RS with small fairing, mirrors double ass efficient hand guards and a hot, leg heating motor. Also had a K75 S for years and now have a KTM 250 EXC and a 1200GS LC Watercooled. These three are much cooler to ride in the summer.

Sizing tip: My first Air Flow is snugish, then I wore my bigger buddy's and it was loosish. Much Better, the air that comes through jacket's vents has room to slide around near your skin and flow to exits in the jacket.

The air can enter your baggy sleeves better, the fabric is stiff enough not to flap. I bought my buddy's larger jacket and don't use the smaller one.

DO NOT BUY a snug Air Flow Jacket. You want the air to enter the jacket mesh or sleeves and blow around, you'll be much happier.

If you have a K100RS or a bike with a hot bottom, don't use vented pants or jeans. I like my Roadcrafter II original lined bottoms for the heat protection and the Air Flow on top for ventilation and crash protection. I do like knowing I have its BMW Backpad in.

Mine are gray, they do clean up well and my son coincidently got one too.

Hope this helps.

Back