• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I'm done with BMW

Please explain.....

OP= Original Poster. Frequently the starter of the thread. A “Troll” is something “thrown out there” to stir things up.
We are not much for trolling here on the forum. Sometimes if a poster doesn’t respond right away, impatience brings out suggestions of a “Troll”.

Hope that helps.
OM

Thanks OM!

OP= Original Poster. Frequently the starter of the thread. A “Troll” is something “thrown out there” to stir things up.
We are not much for trolling here on the forum. Sometimes if a poster doesn’t respond right away, impatience brings out suggestions of a “Troll”.

Hope that helps.
OM

The only trolling that I enjoy is up in Alaska for a fatty King Salmon!

When we were residents of Alaska we were able to use one of the two dip net fisheries. We used the one on the Chitina River, a tributary of the Copper River. We could take up to 30 reds (Sockeye) a year, and if they were running that could be done in one all night stint. When I first started around 2000 we were allowed four Kings, but I never got more than two. Wrestling a King in was quite a chore. It is harder to prepare a king so that it tastes good. I really prefer the reds, not as greasey. To get silvers (Coho) we went to Valdez. When they were running it was easy, but they are not as good eating as the reds.

Yup...just gotta get 'em reeled in before the sea lions help themselves to a nice meal. LOL!

Yeah, I lived in Sitka for 12 years... you would have to horse your salmon in before the sea lions would grab it and rip out and eat the belly behind your boat just to spite you!

Sorry, guys, but I am bailing out. My 2016 1200RT has just proved to be too unreliable. Twice it has gone into limp home for no reason the dealer can confirm. I'm not waiting for the third strike when I'm thousand of miles away from home. If I can't trust it, I can't travel on it. It only has 8k miles. If anyone is interested in the Socal area, it's for sale. As for me, it's back to the Japanese - they make bikes i can trust.

:lurk

Back