• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Wisconsin-Iowa-Missouri_Indiana-Kentucky-Tenn_NC Run

snotty54

Dear All:

I'm making a run beginning around the 22nd Sep with my new bike "Shred" out of Beaver Dam, WI west along the north side of the Wisconsin, mostly on 60, out to Prairie du Chien, then turning left on the Great River Road and generally following the Mississippi south turning left (east) south of Cape Giradeau and ending up in Asheville for a couple of days before I head to Florida for the winter with the new bike. I'm stopping at the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, IA but don't have any other flower sniffing points on the route. I'm reaching out to see if anyone who is familiar with the area can suggest any other interesting things to stop and check out along the way. I've always been pretty much solely about the riding but I'm trying to turn over a new leaf and do a bit of flower sniffing along the way.

I realize now is not the best time to probably take a trip anywhere but I need to grab Shred, which I acquired back in June, and get him south before the winter weather arrives in Wisconsin. As it is, I'm taking my heated gear, one never knows. I've searched online and see no restrictions to travel, don't plan on interacting with too many people, and just enjoy the road.

Any suggestions appreciated,

Scotty

sideCases1_OPT_.JPG

Back