• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rain Pants

72r60/7

I’ve temporarily (probably permanently) lost my excellent basic rain pants. First time I’ve lost rain gear in 50 years. Had them so long I only remember they were EXCELLENT, light weight, packed up real small and first time I saw them I said that the material will never keep you dry. I think they were First Gear brand.

What are y’all using ? Would be nice if in the $50 - $75 range, but more importantly waterproof.

Thanks,
Charlie

Goretex... but that's gonna be a little more than $50 - followed by Frogg Toggs... those will be a little more in the price range you seek

I normally wear Goretex except when I'm not LOL
For warm weather riding I wear my BMW summer riding pants and mesh jacket I carry a Scott rain suit. The Scotts would be in your price range.
What I like about them above being waterproof, they're made of a stretchy material so you can wear a smaller size that won't flap in the wind.

That Scott Rainwear looks pretty good:

<iframe width="994" height="559" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VfLzyLuzHqA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harry

My Klim Adventure suit is waterproof but way more than your budget. When I carry ranger I just use good old rubber. Not light, not pretty but it keeps the rain out.
P5270039-L-L.jpg

+1 on the Frogg Toggs.

They keep you dry. Can be found at many locations online and in most camping stores. Should be in your price range.

I would like to try the Scott Rain Pants. Ergonomic DP Pro blah blah. They were $70 US + -.
Plus $33 shipping. 0.5 kg net wt.

Good God, I’m not real bright, but not that stupid.

Anyone got a retailer that they bought this product from lately ?

If this doesn’t pan out then it’s First Gear again for me as they were really nice.

Charlie

+1 on the Frogg Toggs.

They keep you dry. Can be found at many locations online and in most camping stores. Should be in your price range.

I wonder if there are different qualities of Frogg Toggs. I ask because I bought a set of them at Walmart to use the pants when riding with my riding jeans instead of my Roadcrafter pants. The first time I used them I tore a hole in the pant leg putting them on with my boot on. So I tossed them. Prior to that event I knew several riders who really like theirs. Maybe I got a fluke. Maybe what Walmart sells is the cheap version. I don't know but wanted to at least mention the issue here.

I wonder if there are different qualities of Frogg Toggs. I ask because I bought a set of them at Walmart to use the pants when riding with my riding jeans instead of my Roadcrafter pants. The first time I used them I tore a hole in the pant leg putting them on with my boot on. So I tossed them. Prior to that event I knew several riders who really like theirs. Maybe I got a fluke. Maybe what Walmart sells is the cheap version. I don't know but wanted to at least mention the issue here.

Yes. https://www.froggtoggs.com/plot-rider-s-pant-pfc85106

Frogg Toggs

+1 on the Frogg Toggs.

I wore these Road Toad pants last week for a day and half while on a partly rainy moto tour in the mid-west. No leakage or any other problems. Last June they kept me totally dry and comfortable when we got caught in a several hour downpour of Biblical proportions up in WV. I really like the fact that the fabric is breathable and can keep you comfortable when wearing mesh summer gear underneath them.

The Road Toad seams to be a more affordable version of the Pilots.

https://tinyurl.com/y3r8rfox

frogg_toggs_road_toad_reflective_rain_pants_750x750.jpg

Thanks to all who recommended something.

I bought the Frog Togg Pilot series $90-$100. I am pleased as they seem nice. They pack up small enough. Didn’t really need heat protection on inside of legs, but maybe I do or will. A few nice features like zippered legs up to the knee, etc.

Time will tell. Will give them several years to see if the “proof is in the pudding”. They certainly have potential.

Charlie

Thanks to all who recommended something.

I bought the Frog Togg Pilot series $90-$100. I am pleased as they seem nice. They pack up small enough. Didn’t really need heat protection on inside of legs, but maybe I do or will. A few nice features like zippered legs up to the knee, etc.

Time will tell. Will give them several years to see if the “proof is in the pudding”. They certainly have potential.

Charlie

May they be as little used as my rain gear. 20+ yrs and still waiting for their first ride................

Back