• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Simpson Helmets - Any Users on the Forum?

ExGMan

I took a look at Simpson Helmets and they certainly have a dramatic design. I searched this forum and found not much information. Are there any Simpson user who might offer an opinion on these?

I took a look at Simpson Helmets and they certainly have a dramatic design. I searched this forum and found not much information. Are there any Simpson user who might offer an opinion on these?

I rode with one for three years about ten years ago. I had no complaints with it. I gave it up to switch to a modular. I looked The Stig... well a little anyway.

Wayback, I did

1984 R80ST-shrunk.jpg
Likely to save $10, I bought the less-cool Model 61 shown on the saddle of my '84 R80ST. The predecessor of Stig's Star Wars helmet was called the Bandit / RX-1(M) or Model 30. These were premium helmets of the day and came from the leading manufacturer of auto racing suits, harnesses, etc.. In '86, my moedl 61 was replaced with a Bell Star M2 (or some such name) which I believe to be, nearly, the last US-produced Bell MC helmet. As I recall, Simpson quit the MC market for many of years.

Like the current Bell MC products, these items are separate products (in the case of Bell, separate companies) from the auto racing products.

Back