Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: Hansen's BMW in Oregon burned down

  1. #16
    Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.Florida
    Posts
    1,554
    That is great news for sure! Glad that things are moving along, and yes major kudos for them running a charity event!!!
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, ‘17 R1200RT

  2. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    gig harborr ,wa
    Posts
    1,372
    John see post #9 above.

  3. #18
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,602

    Update on Hansen's BMW recovery

    I received this email from Hansen's BMW today:


    2021 New Beginning

    2020 will forever awaken our memories but not like those of Christmas with “Visons of Sugar-Plums Dancing in your head”. We have all heard the details over and over again of the events that are affecting all our personal & business lives. The devastation of floods, hurricanes, tornado’s etc. and in our case fire, have added so much more to everyone’s plates. Even though we’ll get through our challenges, I’ve been struggling writing this email. Either I haven’t had the time, I’m tired or I haven’t been in the correct frame of mind to compose my words to share what has been going on. So much has happened since the fire, so many plans for the future, too many to share at once. So here is a quick update on Hansen’s Motorcycles re-opening.

    We have purchased a lot of new equipment since the fire from, a tire changer & balancer, to motorcycle lifts, diagnostic computers, BMW OEM & personal tools etc. We began servicing BMW’s last September in my dad’s garage. Now Mason, Mark, Dave, Connie and I have set up a second temporary service department at 1284 Stowe Ave, Medford Oregon 97501. We are now scheduling service appointments for our local clientele by phone 541-535-3342 Tuesday through Thursday for the month of February. We are ready for most services, repairs, warranty or recalls, but be patient as we keep finding items we need and have to order. In March we’ll begin to expand our hours as needed and hope we’ll have everything to handle all your BMW needs by the Spring Season.

    Until our new building goes up on S. Pacific Hwy Spring of 2022, we won’t have a showroom for motorcycles or accessories. We are selling 2021 BMW’s to our clients now, but they are all pre-sold and you need to allow time for me to find & get one delivered to Stowe Ave address.

    Many of you have been affected by Covid-19, Disasters etc., and our hearts go out to you. A Big Thank You to all of you that have offered your help and condolences, it means a lot us.

    Craig, Connie, Dave, Mark and Mason
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & 2022 BMW MOA Rally Co-Chair
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

  4. #19
    '14 R1200 GS Adv bigjohnsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Black Hills, SD
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    I received this email from Hansen's BMW today:


    2021 New Beginning

    2020 will forever awaken our memories but not like those of Christmas with “Visons of Sugar-Plums Dancing in your head”. We have all heard the details over and over again of the events that are affecting all our personal & business lives. The devastation of floods, hurricanes, tornado’s etc. and in our case fire, have added so much more to everyone’s plates. Even though we’ll get through our challenges, I’ve been struggling writing this email. Either I haven’t had the time, I’m tired or I haven’t been in the correct frame of mind to compose my words to share what has been going on. So much has happened since the fire, so many plans for the future, too many to share at once. So here is a quick update on Hansen’s Motorcycles re-opening.

    We have purchased a lot of new equipment since the fire from, a tire changer & balancer, to motorcycle lifts, diagnostic computers, BMW OEM & personal tools etc. We began servicing BMW’s last September in my dad’s garage. Now Mason, Mark, Dave, Connie and I have set up a second temporary service department at 1284 Stowe Ave, Medford Oregon 97501. We are now scheduling service appointments for our local clientele by phone 541-535-3342 Tuesday through Thursday for the month of February. We are ready for most services, repairs, warranty or recalls, but be patient as we keep finding items we need and have to order. In March we’ll begin to expand our hours as needed and hope we’ll have everything to handle all your BMW needs by the Spring Season.

    Until our new building goes up on S. Pacific Hwy Spring of 2022, we won’t have a showroom for motorcycles or accessories. We are selling 2021 BMW’s to our clients now, but they are all pre-sold and you need to allow time for me to find & get one delivered to Stowe Ave address.

    Many of you have been affected by Covid-19, Disasters etc., and our hearts go out to you. A Big Thank You to all of you that have offered your help and condolences, it means a lot us.

    Craig, Connie, Dave, Mark and Mason
    It is times like this when the absence of a "Like" or "Thumbs-Up" button on this forum is really apparent.
    The only dumb question is the unasked question!

    Team Pterodactyl - When we ride, we ride!

  5. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    gig harborr ,wa
    Posts
    1,372
    Thumbs up here.

  6. #21
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,602
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnsd View Post
    It is times like this when the absence of a "Like" or "Thumbs-Up" button on this forum is really apparent.
    Here it is!
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & 2022 BMW MOA Rally Co-Chair
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

  7. #22
    Registered User powwow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    656
    And another...
    Larry Gregerson; Bend, OR
    MOA #93031

  8. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    gig harborr ,wa
    Posts
    1,372
    okay

  9. #24
    Registered User melville's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    North Jefferson
    Posts
    120
    Hey all!

    I'm now local (for just over a year now) to Hansen's and was on my way there to get some parts and advice on a /7 project when it burned last year.

    I can report that ground has broken at the old site! Looks like the slab will be poured soon, if not already.

  10. #25
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,602
    Quote Originally Posted by melville View Post
    Hey all!

    I'm now local (for just over a year now) to Hansen's and was on my way there to get some parts and advice on a /7 project when it burned last year.

    I can report that ground has broken at the old site! Looks like the slab will be poured soon, if not already.
    That is truly great news!
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & 2022 BMW MOA Rally Co-Chair
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

  11. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    gig harborr ,wa
    Posts
    1,372
    Please keep us up dated. Their website says opening spring time 2022.

  12. #27
    Registered User GTRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nibley, UT USA
    Posts
    2,065


    Great to hear they are on the road back!

    DeVern
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST — 1984 R80 G/S-PD — 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C — 2010 K1300GT — 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

  13. #28
    Registered User melville's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    North Jefferson
    Posts
    120
    Pardon me! I spoke a bit out of turn. While the Hansen's lot is fenced off, that's just for a staging area for the project next door. They're the one with the slab in progress.

    Craig did say that the new shop is shovel-ready and should start really soon for a spring opening.

  14. #29
    Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.Florida
    Posts
    1,554
    That is still good news as I am sure the whole crew is chomping at the bit to get back to work!
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, ‘17 R1200RT

Similar Threads

  1. burned air filter?
    By GARYMOXHAMR100RS in forum Airheads
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 09:20 PM
  2. Anybody get burned on EBAY?
    By 131946 in forum Campfire
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 03:56 PM
  3. Wire Burned out
    By cayuse60 in forum Flying Brick K-bikes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 07:26 PM
  4. Burned wiring
    By PineGreen in forum Oilheads
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 09:58 PM
  5. Hanson, MA Machine gun shoot - this weekend
    By Emoto in forum Campfire
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 08:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •