• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2013 Cruise Comes On But Won't Set

GREENGO

Greengo
I have a 2013 GTL. I had a dealer mount two new tires and I put them back on the bike. I went for a ride sometime following that and attempted to set my cruise, but it wouldn't set. It comes on and I can even accelerate, but it won't hold speed. I know there was a recall several years ago, but I believe that involved a failed switch unit, i.e. the cruise would not come on. I've checked the pickup ring for damage and see none. Nor do I see any waves or variation between sensor and ring. My BMW shop manual doesn't give a measurement for the distance of the sensor from the pickup ring. That is the only thing I can think of that might be at issue, because I mistakenly loosened the pinch bolt on the the sensor side and probably shifted it. The manual says not to loosen that side. I also have a GS and I looked at the distance of the sensor and ring and the GTL looks to be about the same distance.

Anyone have advise? I've been to the dealer, but really haven't gotten any definitive answers. I need help. Thanks!

Back