• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sena Device Manager problems

jgoertz

Sena recently released version 4.0.4 of their device manager. Great! Except I can't get it installed on my Dell Computer, running Windows 10. Latest versions of Windows and Edge. Install goes until the last package -- USBCheck, then hangs. Without this module, the Device Manager can't find any device to update.

Any suggestions? So far, Sena hasn't come up with any thing that has worked.

I ran my v4.0.1 version of the Device Manager, it found the update, un-installed 4.0.1, installed 4.0.4, and relaunched. It then found and installed updates for my SMH10 and 20S. No issues on my Dell XPS 8930, Windows 10 Pro, v2004.

If you have not done so already, you might manually uninstall any old versions before launching the updated installer, without the device connected.

I had version 3.9 on both my units. They updated with out issue. Windows 10. Also device manager updated without issue.

I ran my v4.0.1 version of the Device Manager, it found the update, un-installed 4.0.1, installed 4.0.4, and relaunched. It then found and installed updates for my SMH10 and 20S. No issues on my Dell XPS 8930, Windows 10 Pro, v2004.

If you have not done so already, you might manually uninstall any old versions before launching the updated installer, without the device connected.

Larry, I've uninstalled/re-installed 4.0.4 several times. Did you get a panel that starts "Power off...." and ends with the "CANCEL" block just before the install finished? (I tried to upload a screen show w/o success). If so, what action did you take? How did you get past that screen? Hitting that "CANCEL" button brought up a screen to install SENA drivers.

I haven't given up yet! (I also didn't have any luck updating my 50R w/the WiFi charger).

Thanks for the suggestions!

I didn't remember the screens exactly, so I un-installed the program and started over.
The Setup program created folders, shortcuts, etc, then this screen showed up
power off.png
I plugged in my 20S (powered off). The screen changed to say my device was found and counted down a few seconds before closing. then a new "Welcome to the Device Driver Installation Wizard" window popped up.
step 2.jpg
After hitting Next, the driver was installed and then the Setup was complete.

Is it possible that on your computer the "Welcome to the Device Driver Installation Wizard" window is underneath the Installing window, waiting for you to click Next?

The only other thing I can think to do is try another USB cable, in case your 50R is not being recognized.

no issues updating the laptop to 4.0.4....and no issues connecting to and updating my 10U

but...4.0.4 would not recognize my 10S

hmmmm.

With the 50 series - You are way better off getting the adapter hooked up to the wifi ( done through the sena app)

That works great and means never having to deal with he device manager again. All updates are done automatically with no user input.

Back