• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Guten Morgen and hello from Connecticut

elmar

Hi there,
I am a German expat, living the American Dream here in Connecticut. After years of Harley cruising I am finally back to BMW (which I rode already in Germany for years and years).
My K 1600 GTL and I are now ready to explore this beautiful country and meet a lot of new friends (while keeping the necessary safety distance).
Hope to see you on the road

Wilkommen Elmar! You present yourself as a very electable image for a BMW biker dude! I'll vote for your ascension to the MOA Board as soon as U run. And enjoy the 'Merican Dream on your hot new touring machine. I'm quite happy with the performance of my K-GT & my R90S... 😛 If need be, get some advanced coaching from a professional. It's a lot of bike you have there, and it helps to have complete confidence to know all its capabilities. We enjoyed a weekend's worth of coaching with Ken Condon:= https://www.ridinginthezone.com in both MA & CT.

Ciao! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen 🤠 😃

Welcome from the coast of Kansas! I hope your exploration of this great country includes some riding in the Great Plains; we are friendly and happy to welcome you to what some mistakenly call "fly over country." Hope you make it out here.

Good luck.

Welcome Elmar from just south of Atlanta, GA. Hoping you will post some glamour shots of your bike.

Welcome to the American Dream sir. Enjoy your Bavarian technology in this great country. Enjoy our club, you found the right place to connect to fellow BMW enthusiast. Hope to see you on the road or at one of our Motorrad rallies.

Ah, hello dere

Hello from the faraway spaces of Boston, I'm another new BMW owner.

Western CT, Western MA, Eastern NY state, VT and ME abound with amazing scenery/riding [OK not Alpes level amazing, but, pretty darn good].

Hope to see you on the road or [imagine] even some group rides after the insanity passes.

Point yourself at Lime Rock Park, hop west onto NY Rt. 22 N, dip over to MA, explore VT and NY Lake George/Adirondacks region... you cannot really go wrong [and you may pass me along the way].

;)

Matt

Hi there,
I am a German expat, living the American Dream here in Connecticut. After years of Harley cruising I am finally back to BMW (which I rode already in Germany for years and years).
My K 1600 GTL and I are now ready to explore this beautiful country and meet a lot of new friends (while keeping the necessary safety distance).
Hope to see you on the road

Guten Tag.
If, as you explore the country, you come through New Mexico, let me know. I'd be happy to show you around. Jens

Back