• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I'm Back!

greybeard52

Bill Fish here. I was a member of BMWMOA in the late 80s and early 90s when I rode a new 1986 R65. Since then have had various other brands of bikes and currently have two brand HDs in my garage. Twenty years ago a friend bought a 1986 R80 RT, which was the bike I really wanted when I bought my R65. I told him if he every wanted to sell it, let me know. Two months ago I bought his 1986 R80 RT. I've been changing parts, tires, etc. and I ran into a snag today when replacing the fuel hoses. I've been meaning the rejoin MOA and today is the day. In the 1980s we didn't have a Forum on line to ask questions. This is going to be handy. I still have some of my Owner News magazines from 1989 and 1990. I guess I always knew there would be another Beemer in my future. So it's good to be back. I plan to attend some MOA events. Keep the shiny side up. Bill

Three decade's since MOA membership... Welcome back to the Club!

You remember the York Pa National in 89' ???

You told me to wait for you by the beer garden that Saturday on July 22nd at 6pm.

I had you a Beer, it was getting warm... so I drank it.

Your turn to buy next time I see you!

Pictures

Welcome back Kott...er, Bill! Any pics of the of the long-lusted after machine?

The one of me by myself is me standing by my friend's 1986 R80RT that he just bought. The other picture is of he and I two months ago when he finally sold me that same R80RT.

Attachments

• 3FF73ACA-7FBA-4307-8998-F59E98FA6CAB.jpeg
    3FF73ACA-7FBA-4307-8998-F59E98FA6CAB.jpeg
    16.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 8C6802B6-26C6-4AEB-8BF3-D0921569E761.jpeg
    8C6802B6-26C6-4AEB-8BF3-D0921569E761.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 46
Good to see the return of one of our prodigal sons. Welcome home Bill. Hope to see you at one of our upcoming events soon.

Back