• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

TRUCKS!!!! Let's See 'em and Hear About 'em

This just sold.....could’a been mine if I had a spare $100k.

Steve McQueen’s 1952 Chevrolet 3800 Pickup with Camper and Husqvarna CR250

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1...123969225&mc_cid=8c6fb433b3&mc_eid=2b7a55f015

93705CE8-F9F3-460E-B8A3-B2C8230A5BC4.jpg

View attachment 80296

My Dads 1940 Ford has a 95 horsepower flathead v8 in it, when he picked up truck he drove it off the Ford factory assembly line In St. Louis. After they got truck back to farm my dad and another relative who was a carpenter made the bed for the truck.

That is a fantastic story, and very cool old truck!!

Without digging deeply in slides not yet digitized I don't have pictures: but my favorite trucks included a 1957 Chevy 3100 Carryall, one of the original Suburbans. Lest you wish to exclaim that the enclosed Suburban was not really a truck, I challenge you with my next one. A 1978 Subaru Brat. I took out the rear facing seats and used it for a survey crew vehicle for a couple of years. The most fun vehicle I ever owed. I would buy another one new in a minute if they still built it.

The Baja was an update but didn't sell......for some uniquely American reason. In any case, Subaru found they could make more money building Camry's for Toyota at that plant.

I know I’ll get flamed for the comment. [emoji3]

It’s a car unless you can put plywood between the wheel wells and close the tailgate.

i would add that if it has a unibody, it ain't a truck. body on frame = truck...;)

there was a BaT auction recently for a Porsche SUV. the write up and the comments kept calling it a "truck". geez. clueless.

yes, i have an F250, 4x4, long bed, crew cab, diesel. its a proper truck. :thumb

My trucks bigger than your truck
My trucks bigger than yours, so
My trucks better and my trucks bigger
Yes my trucks better than yours. (anon)

I know I’ll get flamed for the comment. [emoji3]

It’s a car unless you can put plywood between the wheel wells and close the tailgate.

i would add that if it has a unibody, it ain't a truck. body on frame = truck...;)

there was a BaT auction recently for a Porsche SUV. the write up and the comments kept calling it a "truck". geez. clueless.

yes, i have an F250 4x4, long bed, crew cab, diesel. its a proper truck. :thumb

164.jpg

yes, i have an F250 4x4, long bed, crew cab, diesel. its a proper truck. :thumb

View attachment 80313

So mimicking your logic, I guess it follows that a .22 caliber is not a gun, a Yamaha RD350 is not a motorcycle and Bud Lite is not a beer (alright you may be on to something there). Whatever floats your boat.

Paul - not anon; that's a play on words from an old Kennel-Ration (sp?) dog food commercial song!
"My dog's better 'coz he eats Kennel-Ration..." etc.

and by the way... My first-ever four-wheeled vehicle was a '52 GMC 3/4-ton pickup with the "granny" first gear.

yes, i have an F250 4x4, long bed, crew cab, diesel. its a proper truck.

Ha! Land Rover used to brag about their hand welded box section frames, but that was essentially because they didn't have the ability to make u-channel. They were rust buckets, besides. Today they are unibody and still can outperform everybody else.

Paul, if you’re not talking about yourself - you’re disrespecting someone

Not really any more than much of this thread. Let's see: not an 8 foot bed, not a truck. Unibody, not a truck. Mine is high lift and yours isn't. Mine is a diesel.

Yes I was making fun of the thread with that little ditty that started running through my mind. The whole thread is for the most part all in good fun. And I still say that my Subaru Brat was the most fun 4 wheel vehicle I have ever owned even if it wasn't a real truck. Second place would be the '88 Jeep Wrangler we sold last week.

Back