• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Integrated Garage Door Opener...

I recently replaced my door opener, and it is wifi capable. I can use my iPhone or my Apple Watch to open the door using a shortcut or Siri. Works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garage Door Opener options!

Momentary switch hack...

sSZqE5S.jpg

TFiErIm.jpg

Ok, thats exactly what I'm looking for. I saw the mo-door, which was appealing, but already have the garage door opener with wires on it, so I'll order one of those tape switches and that'll do me! Appreciate the tip!

Do your auto-garage-door-openers self-lock?

The set-up we have only opens and closes the door. To lock/unlock it, I have to use the mechanical latch system, and the key. Otherwise someone could just open the door manually.

Take another look at post #3. This method also can be used to wash dishes and laundry too. That is real adaptive technology. :clap

The post #3 solution will leak if not properly cared for over time, and can be more expensive in the long run.

Garage Door Opener options!

Ok, thats exactly what I'm looking for. I saw the mo-door, which was appealing, but already have the garage door opener with wires on it, so I'll order one of those tape switches and that'll do me! Appreciate the tip!

I reached out to the tapeswitch people, managed to locate a distributor in Canada, and purchased a momentary switch just like that. Switch was $20. Soldered it to the leads on a garage door opener that I opened up, and mounted it just above the audio controls. I'm all set! On to the next farkle...

I reached out to the tapeswitch people, managed to locate a distributor in Canada, and purchased a momentary switch just like that. Switch was $20. Soldered it to the leads on a garage door opener that I opened up, and mounted it just above the audio controls. I'm all set! On to the next farkle...

Same here. :)

The company has an outlet in my city, maybe ten minutes from the house. :thumb

My solution is slightly less elegant than the approaches you mentioned. I simply put the garage door opener in the left locked compartment. When I want to open the garage door I open the compartment and push the button. I know. Pretty low tech. But it works. Every time!

+1
I've been doing this for years on both my 07 and 19 RTs

Garage door opener standard equipment in 2022

Of course, this isn’t true but it’s puzzling why not. They’ve been in cars for decades.

Back