• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greetings from Birmingham, AL

New member here - just bought a beautiful ‘15 RT from my buddy that (thankfully) decided he had one BMW too many. I‘ve been on a 2003 Honda ST1300 for the last 6 years and jumped on the opportunity to sell it and upgrade. I look forward to meeting and learning some new routes with some of you.

Friends call me Jake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome Jake from just south of the ATL! Hoping to visit the B'ham area and spend some time at the Barber Museum. Don't be shy with pics of the new bike.

Jake, welcome from the coast of Kansas.

I rode the wheels off an ST1100 and loved every mile, but ... it was awfully top-heavy and all-over-heavy and was a handful in a parking lot. My BMW is smaller than your RT, but I'm sure you will love it.

Good luck.

Welcome Jake from just south of the ATL! Hoping to visit the B'ham area and spend some time at the Barber Museum. Don't be shy with pics of the new bike.

Let me know when you come over - one of my sons (below) was asking the other day when we can go back over there. And one of the best rides in Central Alabama (IMO) starts about 10 minutes from the museum and park.
This was earlier today on our way to Gainesville (the one north of you) via Chattanooga, Ocoee, Blairsville, Cleveland. We got a little damp but had a great time.

7ece4abb5eb84179d224dd7a65f39c0b.jpg

Jake, welcome from the coast of Kansas.

I rode the wheels off an ST1100 and loved every mile, but ... it was awfully top-heavy and all-over-heavy and was a handful in a parking lot. My BMW is smaller than your RT, but I'm sure you will love it.

Good luck.

Before I got the RT, I read the specs to compare the weight of the two but I was surprised how much lighter the RT feels. I’m getting used to the lower COG but I like so much. It’s such a great ride.

Welcome Jake

Just now caught this thread from August... welcome from lower Alabama. Lots of members in the Birmingham area make sure you get plugged in. Nice bike, I have the ‘16 version of that bike, same colour.

Sounds good. Got one boy at Hoover, last year

Speaking of Hoover, you'll have to stop by our Dec Mtg at the Hampton Inn & Suites, 6220 Farley Ct. Hoover in December.

Check out the ALaBeemer website when U feel inspired... :wave
2020 has been a FUBAR'd kind of year though...
Look forward to introducing U to the statewide membership. :)
Glad U finally ditched that Honda! :brow

Ciao! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

https://bmwmoal.org/meetings.php

Speaking of Hoover, you'll have to stop by our Dec Mtg at the Hampton Inn & Suites, 6220 Farley Ct. Hoover in December.

Check out the ALaBeemer website when U feel inspired... :wave
2020 has been a FUBAR'd kind of year though...
Look forward to introducing U to the statewide membership. :)
Glad U finally ditched that Honda! :brow

Ciao! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

https://bmwmoal.org/meetings.php

When is it, I’ll put it on the calendar. I joined the group after the September gathering at OMSP - look forward to getting together again. Thanks Phil.

Back