• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

G 310GS kickstand wires hanging out

iomtt

Hello all,
Any of you with a G 310GS know what I'm talking about. Those nasty few wires that are exposed on the " ignition safety switch " which lay behind the kickstand. I have taken the liberty of replacing the cheap plastic cover that's suppose to protect it with a much beefier metal cover, but there are still a few wires exposed that concern me. Aside from using a piece of black electrical tape which would in my opinion look a bit cheesy,.... are there any other things that folks have used that would look better and offer protection from weather and or rocks (if riding off road) ?

I never noticed an issue on either of our 310GSs but if I did I would go to an auto parts store and get some spiral wrap for wiring.

I’ll bet Tourtech and Wunderlich have aluminum guards that will protect those wires for $100+. Those will probably work to protect the wire about as well as $5 worth of plastic wire loom.

I’ll bet Tourtech and Wunderlich have aluminum guards that will protect those wires for $100+. Those will probably work to protect the wire about as well as $5 worth of plastic wire loom.

I did install an aluminum guard, but there are still wires that are exposed and can be seen from the back of the guard which concern me. Maybe some shrink wrap tubing or spiral wrap as Paul suggested .

Back