• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

WTF is going on at Aerostich?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much of the riding gear that Aerostich sells is made at their facility in Duluth. I ordered some customized pants a few days ago and it will be 10-12 weeks before they are produced. They must have several very experienced and skilled workers to make their gear, and keeping them working and healthy in these times is its own special challenge.
Yes I understand the operation in Duluth having ordered and repaired a couple of Roadcrafters over the years but they don’t make the zippers, snaps, thread, cloth and other component parts that go into items in their product line.

Yes I understand the operation in Duluth having ordered and repaired a couple of Roadcrafters over the years but they don’t make the zippers, snaps, thread, cloth and other component parts that go into items in their product line.

A pertinent question might be do they make gloves or purchase them from suppliers.

A pertinent question might be do they make gloves or purchase them from suppliers.

Good question, and I'd think to keep the customers happy, instead of keep extending the date of delivery, just tell people up front it may be a long wait instead of a firm date [ like 2 weeks, that's a firm date ].

The Aerostich website indicated that the store was closed for an extended time due to Covad-19 requirements. I purchased some of the heavily discounted gift certificates, then when they re-opened I placed an order for a new suit. I was informed that the suit would take about 12 weeks to make. When the new suit was completed I got a notice about its shipment. The suit (a standard size) arrived. I tried it on, sat on the bike and had a number of photos taken. I also put on my old (circa 96) suit which actually fit better than the new (larger size suit). Photos of new and old suits were sent to Aerostich and I had a couple of phone conversations with the nice folks in Duluth. In the end I opted to have them make me a suit the same size and with the same mods as the old suit. The old suit had been returned for mods after about 5 years ownership. Alas, all mods now need to be made at the time of manufacture.

I expect to have my new custom suit in a few weeks. My customer comment to them was in regards to another Duluth company, Duluth Trading. Duluth Trading makes pants out of something called Fire Hose Flex (or something like that). I said that it would sure be nice if the 'Stich suits had a similar "flex" property. Sometimes in the winter it is hard to get the suit and layers back on after breakfast (and that second pancake!!).

No issues with Aerostich for me. I understood that they and many others are facing these challenging times as best as they are able.

I love Aerostich. I am on my 4th suit since the 1990s. That said, I buy my deerskin gloves at the True Value Hardware Store. Or Cabellas. That way I can try them on as I head to the checkout. And if they don't have my size or the style I want on the rack this week I don't complain.

I love Aerostich. I am on my 4th suit since the 1990s. That said, I buy my deerskin gloves at the True Value Hardware Store. Or Cabellas. That way I can try them on as I head to the checkout. And if they don't have my size or the style I want on the rack this week I don't complain.

I used to buy my deerskin gloves from a hardware store as well, till I ordered a pair of Sullivan Glove Co. deeskin gloves. Night and say between the two. Still keep that pair from the hardware store as a spare pair on the bike though. :thumb

Good question, and I'd think to keep the customers happy, instead of keep extending the date of delivery, just tell people up front it may be a long wait instead of a firm date [ like 2 weeks, that's a firm date ].
In a supply chain sometimes the vendor tells you the delivery is two weeks out and you turn around and tell customers it's two weeks out. If the vendor doesn't ship the PO in two weeks because of whatever then you are caught in the middle. The unforgiving customers talk bad about you and the understanding ones understand. Should Aerostich tell glove customers it's been two weeks and we aren't sure when it will be? Probably so but if they were closed or had personnel issues then that's that.

I used to buy my deerskin gloves from a hardware store as well, till I ordered a pair of Sullivan Glove Co. deeskin gloves. Night and say between the two. Still keep that pair from the hardware store as a spare pair on the bike though. :thumb

I can't argue. I wore out at least two pairs of Thurlow deerskin gloves, along outgrowing a pair of Thurlow jeans and a Thurlow jacket.

The custom fit hand built Langlitz Leathers I hd made in 1993 still fit me. I wore the same size pants for about 30 years. Still wearing clothes that are that old. Just last year I upsized my last Carhartt order for my work pants. Walking around in the today I felt like that were too big.

In a supply chain sometimes the vendor tells you the delivery is two weeks out and you turn around and tell customers it's two weeks out. If the vendor doesn't ship the PO in two weeks because of whatever then you are caught in the middle. The unforgiving customers talk bad about you and the understanding ones understand. Should Aerostich tell glove customers it's been two weeks and we aren't sure when it will be? Probably so but if they were closed or had personnel issues then that's that.

Today I had a customer order a $8,000 piece of equipment. He asked me how long to get it. I called the factory and they said 3 to 6 weeks. I called my customer back and told him 4 to 8 weeks, but I would not bet on it as some orders have been getting screwed up. If it comes in early, I am a hero, if late, same old B.S.!

The custom fit hand built Langlitz Leathers I hd made in 1993 still fit me. I wore the same size pants for about 30 years. Still wearing clothes that are that old. Just last year I upsized my last Carhartt order for my work pants. Walking around in the today I felt like that were too big.

Aren't you just special..........

I am wearing the same sizes I have for years, although i will admit I did gain a few pounds, but decided to shed it off. 61 year old, 32" waist.

Has anyone else ordered something from Aerostich in the past three months and not gotten it?

I ordered some gauntlet gloves ($100) from Aerostich on May 28th. I waited a month and heard nothing from them. I wrote to customer service and 4 days later got a robot reply about Covid difficulties, etc., telling me that it would be another two weeks. I waited another month after hearing nothing from them and sent more emails. Nothing.

I called them today (one day short of three months) and the woman that answered the phone told me that their vendor says it will be another two weeks. I mentioned to her that I had been told that a month ago. I asked her if it was normal procedure for Aerostich to keep their customers in the dark for three months and that I was the one who had to contact them.

Hey, I know it's been tough on companies for the last 6 months to keep up with demand. I get that. What I don't get is that Aerostich is fully aware of their outstanding orders and - at least in my case - have made no effort to contact me.

I ran a company for 25 years. At the end of each day, I always made sure my clients knew what was going on with their jobs. They weren't always happy with the truth, but they remained loyal clients so they clearly appreciated the honesty.

I've never bought anything from Aerostich before. I chose them because they have a good reputation in the BMW community, and I prefer to but locally/American whenever possible.

I have no idea if I'll ever get the gloves, but I will never buy from them again.

If you don't like the wait, just cancel the order. It’s not worth getting an ulcer. That said, I've had very good experience with Aerostich. But the times they are a changing.

Personally, I've started using gloves that are mostly, if not all, synthetic. I think they last as well, and don't require a butcher.

No need to butcher anymore Elks.

E.

Last edited:
Good Idea!!! Maybe it'll give me an incentive to loose some weight. :rofl

E.

Last edited:
I ordered a new laptop from Dell...

It took a while to get out the door, then Fed Ex lost it a week, almost 2 ago... The tightest ship in the shipping business is taking on water... I assume everything is bonkers and prepare accordingly.

I used Dell "advantage rewards" to order a new mouse July 15, it finally arrived yesterday. Only six weeks, instead of the eight weeks estimated after the order was placed. The credit card used to cover the balance of the cost is not showing a charge. With the long delay, I think it expired the day before they shipped the package. I've made three attempts to call with a new card number, each time I'm cut off after 20-30 minutes on hold. I'll be waiting for a bill.

I used Dell "advantage rewards" to order a new mouse July 15, it finally arrived yesterday. Only six weeks, instead of the eight weeks estimated after the order was placed. The credit card used to cover the balance of the cost is not showing a charge. With the long delay, I think it expired the day before they shipped the package. I've made three attempts to call with a new card number, each time I'm cut off after 20-30 minutes on hold. I'll be waiting for a bill.

I had the same issue with a dual mini-split Heat Pump / Air Conditioning system. After delays they told me I should cancel the order and get a Paypal refund so I did. Then that very afternoon the system showed up after about 6 weeks lost somewhere with a trucking company. Thereafter customer service was zero help. I finally had to demand to talk to the Manager, Owner, or CEO to "thank him for the free system" and arrange for a new invoice. They would have caught up with the mess eventually so I did what I thought was right and paid for the system.

I ordered a new laptop from Dell...

It took a while to get out the door, then Fed Ex lost it a week, almost 2 ago... The tightest ship in the shipping business is taking on water... I assume everything is bonkers and prepare accordingly.

I finally found someone at the IRS to talk to about my missing tax refund. They asked me to send a copy of the return I mailed in March. I asked about any penalties and they said ............don't worry.

We'll see how this goes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back