• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

WTF is going on at Aerostich?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally found someone at the IRS to talk to about my missing tax refund. They asked me to send a copy of the return I mailed in March. I asked about any penalties and they said ............don't worry.

We'll see how this goes..

They are from the Federal government and exist to help you, do not worry, you can trust them. :rolleyes

I recommend keeping a bag containing clean underwear, your tooth brush and an ABA directory by your front door. Worry.

After losing 35 lbs. a few years ago, I finally decided to replace my well used 14 year old Aerostich Roadcrafter Classic two piece suit last week when my brother told me that it looked like I was wearing a circus tent. I knew that it was a bit big on me, but checking it out I saw that the armor would not stay in place on my elbows, shoulders and knees when I moved the fabric around.

It was time to get a new suit.

I looked around at the offerings in tall jackets and pants and decided that I was used to the Roadcrafter and would get another in the right size. Aerostich was having an "overstock" sale and I found that they had my size in acceptable colors (grey with black- the same as my old suit) and ordered it. I ordered it Saturday, it went out monday morning, and it arrived Thursday. It fit the way that I had hoped.

Another happy Aerostich customer.

Did you pick up the phone and call them?

I ordered a 1 piece suite in April and received it without any problems to Canada.

I ordered a new laptop from Dell...

It took a while to get out the door, then Fed Ex lost it a week, almost 2 ago... The tightest ship in the shipping business is taking on water... I assume everything is bonkers and prepare accordingly.

I ordered a moto-battery from California in July. It moved from the dealer to Fed Ex, and left CA. Then the tracking stopped - forever. After a couple weeks I contacted the company and they sent another battery, via Fed Ex, which did arrive.

After nearly 60 days, the first battery is still lost in space (see tracking today below). Fell off a truck? Pilfered? Currently on someone else's motorcycle?

Capture.JPG

I ordered a moto-battery from California in July. It moved from the dealer to Fed Ex, and left CA. Then the tracking stopped - forever. After a couple weeks I contacted the company and they sent another battery, via Fed Ex, which did arrive.

After nearly 60 days, the first battery is still lost in space (see tracking today below). Fell off a truck? Pilfered? Currently on someone else's motorcycle?

View attachment 80330

FedEx is a Sh!tshow right now... My Laptop is lost at the Tracy, CA warehouse. The drivers tell me it is beyond bad.

Hi RedCanoe,

I ordered online. I usually go by phone, but it was Friday evening after their closing time and the Labor Day Overstock sale was "First Come, First Serve". There were only 2 listed in the 44L (grey/black and blue/grey) and at 30% off I wanted to grab it. By Monday there were only 8 Roadcrafter Classic jackets still available out of the 46 listed, most in either very small or very large sizes. I found out about the sale when I called to check on arm length sizing the day before the lists were posted and was advised to check the sale for one in my size. Thanks Polly at Aerostich!
Had it not been for the discount, I probably would have ended up ordering a the HI-VIS jacket and the grey/black pants.

They are from the Federal government and exist to help you, do not worry, you can trust them. :rolleyes

I recommend keeping a bag containing clean underwear, your tooth brush and an ABA directory by your front door. Worry.

I wish I could ignore your advice...........

For a gentleman who worked the majority of his adult life for the Federal or State governments you seem a bit negative with that one, Kevin.

For a gentleman who worked the majority of his adult life for the Federal or State governments you seem a bit negative with that one, Kevin.

Considering the staffing cuts, management hostility to mission, the filing being paper, then the COVID-19 event, the general level of concern about bureaucracies is exponentially amplified.

"Due to COVID-19!"

That's what I'm going to use to get out of everything.

"Can't take out the trash, due to COVID-19."

"My report is going to be late, due to COVID-19."

"Chicken! Again? Wife "Due to COVID-19."

I saw a motorcycle for sale. Owner said it was due to COVID-19."

"Nice motorcycle, I unfortunately can't give you 8K for it, how about 4K? Owner: Why? "Due to COVID-19?"

"Due to COVID-19!"

"Nice motorcycle, I unfortunately can't give you 8K for it, how about 4K? Owner: Why? "Due to COVID-19?"

Sounds like you're a little confused, and irritable. Could it be Covid? :lurk

E.

After a week in quarantine I would be expected to go to the liquor store.... :drink

E.

Beer and wine are now sold in PA grocery stores.....

But, honestly.......there's 1.5 cases of Carlsberg Lager in the beer frig.

Last edited:
"Due to COVID-19!"

Yes. This.

My wife and I have been riffing on this for months now.

"I stopped showering because of COVID."

"I stopped wiping myself after elimination because of COVID."

"I stopped wearing pants because of COVID."

"My car won't start because of COVID."

"I went wide in that last turn because of COVID."

"I didn't turn the sprinklers on because of COVID."

"Valentino Rossi's M1 isn't working right because of COVID."

None are as excellent and absurd as "I wear a face diaper because of COVID," but we endeavor to try.

My experience with Aerostich today

I broke the main zipper on my Road Crafter jacket. Contacting Aerostich, I talked directly to a very pleasant lady who informed me she would be happy to send me a replacement pull (the tab broke) various bits, and instructions on how to install free of charge.

This beats the heck out of shipping the jacket back and paying them to install a new zipper, or having a tailor try to install a new one.

So, I get the new pulls, and despite the instructions I just cannot get the thing to thread onto the rail. A call to Aerostich puts me in contact with Judy of repairs who sends me her email so I can send her pictures of what I have on hand and the confirmation I have the parts in the right order of assembly. Five minutes after viewing my email, she calls me on the phone and gives me a insight into perhaps removing one tooth of the zipper to give me more room to slide the new pull on. Bingo! works like a charm!

I now have my jacket repaired for free, (well, my time invested). Because of Judy's help, there was far less blue air in the house and the job is done now in time for me to take advantage of some warm sunny days to ride.

So for me, Aerostich is a great product, good service at a fair price. This is as of 11/4/2020. Cheers, St.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back