• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Joining the ADV club...

pbkrarup

Greetings, salutations, etc....

Riding since 1978, almost all bikes were Yamahas (XS500, RD400F, XJ650RJ (Seca, 3 of them), then a Kawasaki KZ1100A3, then a BMW K1200R, now an R1250GSAE.

I'm enjoying the Gelande part of the GS, although the Strasse part isn't too shabby. Weaverville mountain climbing small.jpg

This picture is at 6,752' elevation, Weaverville is at 2,051. Math is .89034 mile increase, 4,701/5,280.

Prospective member of the NorCal BMW club - https://www.bmwnorcal.org/, will have to wait for the COVID to go away before an official member.

Member of Bay Area Riders Forum (BARF), ADVRider.com, & now youse guys.

From upstate NY, halfway between Montreal & NYC, aka Adirondack mountains. Currently in the SF Bay area, East, because snow is less fun than riding all year.

Last edited:
Welcome to the BMWMOA, from the Space Coast at Titusville, FL. You have the good fortune of a fantastic Charter Club to participate in.

And Thank You for your military service; neat stuff in your introduction write-up and profile page. Your experiences will be valuable within our organization.

Welcome to the forum.
Is that fog in your picture or smoke from the fires?

Welcome from Newfoundland, by your thread title I thought you were talking about ADVrider.com. If you don't know it it's a great forum with about 380 000 members worldwide with more info and discussion than you could possibly imagine. Ride on.

Welcome to the forum.
Is that fog in your picture or smoke from the fires?

Hi, Lee!

That's fog, thankfully. Weaverville has not been affected by the fires this year (yet). The trees in the background were damaged in the 2017 Trinity Alps fires.

I was leaving Quincy, CA on 16 August when the fires started and missed any smoke. I went over to Paradise to pay my respects at the memorials and get a feel for the damage. The town was almost destroyed and the people are making the best of it they can. I had a friend there who got out just in time with his wife & daughter.

I'm going up to Stonyford, CA campgrounds for 4 days of Labor Day weekend dirty riding. I've got the 90/10 BattleAx A41 tires mounted and want something a bit more aggressive next time.

Was that TMI? :D

Welcome from Newfoundland, by your thread title I thought you were talking about ADVrider.com. If you don't know it it's a great forum with about 380 000 members worldwide with more info and discussion than you could possibly imagine. Ride on.

Hi, SB!

Yes, it's ADVRider.com, I removed the extraneous "s". Oops. I've been a member there since Feb 2013 and should know better. :D

I followed the thread from one of the inmates on the NS murder spree, you have my deepest condolences.

I was actually in Halifax when that whole thing went down, it was pretty wild! Apparently he was on the RCMP payroll, there's a big inquiry going on about it.

I've been on ADV since '06, I spend a lot of time on there.

I was actually in Halifax when that whole thing went down, it was pretty wild! Apparently he was on the RCMP payroll, there's a big inquiry going on about it.

I've been on ADV since '06, I spend a lot of time on there.

Yeah, I'd hope there's a huge investigation, the communications between the RCMP and town LEOs seems to have failed spectacularly, at a terrible cost. Very sad.

I've been on BARF since 2003 and spent lots of time there, "recently" discovered ADVRider and spending a lot of time there now. BARF is getting very political and annoying.

Very far back in time, I hitchhiked around the Gaspe peninsula, through NB, spent a few weeks on PEI, and came down NS into Maine, NH, MA, & home. Great summer! :D I'd like to repeat that on the GS and explore NF/Lab!

Welcome to the BMWMOA, from the Space Coast at Titusville, FL. You have the good fortune of a fantastic Charter Club to participate in.

And Thank You for your military service; neat stuff in your introduction write-up and profile page. Your experiences will be valuable within our organization.

Hi, FlyHi! Thanks for the greeting & compliments! Yes, I like the NorCal club and will absolutely get more involved when this damned pandemic settles out. Lots of good people and meetings to attend. When you have to ride far to get to the meeting & camp overnight regardless of the weather (ok, not in the middle of a forest fire or hurricane), that says something about the "be here now" focus of the group.

My absolute pleasure in serving, it was a blast (in more ways than one) and it formed quite a bit of my personality and attitudes. :D The ability to "embrace the suck" is a needful thing (Stephen King reference right there).

Have a great day & week!

Welcome from Peachtree City, GA! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hi, Langoptc (got a nickname??)! Thanks for the greeting!

I'm going to assume you're a Manfred Mann fann? Great music, I like them a lot!

So, looking at PTC, are the golf carts interfering with your riding, or do you treat them like traffic cones? :D

At some point, California will get just a little too intrusive/annoying/taxing/freedom-limiting, so would you recommend PTC for a relocation site?

Is there good farm/garden land out there, or is Georgia all red clay & sand? I spent a year in Augusta at Fort Gordon and wouldn't want that heat.

Best wishes to you!

Hi, Langoptc (got a nickname??)! Thanks for the greeting!

I'm going to assume you're a Manfred Mann fann? Great music, I like them a lot!

So, looking at PTC, are the golf carts interfering with your riding, or do you treat them like traffic cones? :D

At some point, California will get just a little too intrusive/annoying/taxing/freedom-limiting, so would you recommend PTC for a relocation site?

Is there good farm/garden land out there, or is Georgia all red clay & sand? I spent a year in Augusta at Fort Gordon and wouldn't want that heat.

Best wishes to you!

Not so much a fan of the band as I am of the song.

Yes, our claim to fame in PTC is our 100 miles worth of golf cart paths. You can get anywhere in the city by golf cart. In fact, the local high school has a parking lot for cars and another for golf carts.

PTC is a great place to live, especially if you are into golf. If riding is your thing and you like the twisties, then you are better off looking to the north of ATL up in the North Georgia mountains.

As far as land, lots of Georgia red clay around here.

Take care and ride safe!

Welcome, I grew up in Walnut Creek and then Marysville/Yuba City.

Lots of good riding in the Sierras as you must know.

Headed to the Maritime provinces via the TransLab in 2021 if the "Rona is under control and the Canadians will let me in.

Back