• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

how does it all work together?? MOA registration and forum membership??

wemi

After years of BMW ownership and membership in all possible forums I just joined the BMW MOA club. Paid the required dues and tried to get into the forum from the club website. NOT possible. found the different website for this forum and was able to sign in with the UN and PW I just established with the club. None of the account info etc. did come across, though. Do I need to set everything again? Do you need to be a BMWMOA member to join this forum? Does the forum membership expire with the club membership? Is this forum part of the BMWMOA?

What does the club membership provide me that I cannot find on this forum?

wemi

wemi -

Thanks for joining the MOA but sorry that you had a stumble out of the gates. The way I understand it, if you get to the main website and finish your setup there, you're credentials should transfer to the forum. If not, then it's a simple matter of logging in here and clicking the remember me box. If there are some issues, possibly Ted Moyer or Ray Tubbs might weigh in on this thread and fill the rest of us in.

Do you need to be a member to join the forum? Well, technically no, but guests can only read the forum, they can't post. Plus there are areas of the forum that are visible to members only.

Does forum access expire with club membership? I believe it should...I think they have hooks set up in the background that will "expire" a username if they don't renew the membership. There might be some contacts along the lines "Are you sure?" or "What can we do to increase your interest?" and see if there's a way to retain a member. But at some point, you'd become a guest.

Is the forum part of the MOA? Yes it is. The forum has been around since around 2003 and it has continued to be a place for people to share pictures, tech tips, trip reports, etc. There are other places to be part of the community which include facebook, twitter, etc. If you go to the main website page, you'll see links to those sites next to the login box.

What does the club membership provide? This page on the main website highlight some of the key things that being a member can provide you:

https://www.bmwmoa.org/page/memberbenefits

You made it here...... Welcome to the forum!

This is a Member supported, "Pay to Post" kinda deal which keeps the forum ad-free. A BIG benefit for most. The free forums are usually supported by a raft of ads and underlined keywords that take you down the "wormhole" to "somewhere" else.

Enjoy the forum.

Gary

After years of BMW ownership and membership in all possible forums I just joined the BMW MOA club. Paid the required dues and tried to get into the forum from the club website.

wemi

Welcome to the MOA and welcome to the forum.
When you registered you may have been asked to join the Community. That's different than this forum.
I don't visit the other other MOA site so I can't tell you the difference.
There's also a MOA Facebook page that I don't visit.

I like how this main forum is organized and the ease of posting pictures.

newbie questions

Thanks one and all for the great responses and the time you took to write them.

It's all much clearer now and I will retain my new membership. This is a nice forum and I like the opportunity to possibly meet MOA members somewhere on this globe. As long as it still lasts.

Left Hand salute

Welcome to the group from the PNW. Where about are you?
I see you have a F800GT. Can you tell us some about each of your bikes?

Back