• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

SW-MOTECH Pro Tank bags

lee

Debbie's Servant
This video shows all of the new SW-MOTECH Pro Tank Bags. Not sure when they will be available in the US.

<iframe width="1184" height="666" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y_iZcaBlc_Y" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This shows the new mount.

<iframe width="1184" height="666" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/79o68B9RKRs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice stuff. Thanks for posting.

The attachment ring is especially slick. I will have to check out their website to see what they do for bikes with tanks under the seat instead of the conventional location.

Edit: Curiously, I couldn’t find the new Pro Tank Bags on the SW-Motech website. Too new?

I will have to check out their website to see what they do for bikes with tanks under the seat instead of the conventional location.

Edit: Curiously, I couldn’t find the new Pro Tank Bags on the SW-Motech website. Too new?
Here's the current mount for F bikes.
trt_00_640_20102_b_1_xl.3789.jpg

I know someone who bought a City Pro for his new R1250GSA and he said it was not available in the US yet.
Here's a UK site https://www.sw-motech-shop.co.uk/pro-tank-bags

The problem with that mount on the F650/700/800GS bikes is that the bag sits too close to the key in the ignition and makes access more of a hassle than it should be.

It looks like there is a lot of fore-and-aft adjustment on the new “Pro” mount. So hopefully it could be mounted with plenty of clearance. Also, by all appearance these new Pro bags snap on and off incredibly easily, so worst case you can remove the tank bag to access the key slot. I’m only interested in the smallest sizes so it should work okay for me. Larger sizes maybe not.

Actually, I can help on this thread!

I've been emailing with the new SW Motech Portland crew because I have my eye on the Pro City tank bag. So, they're up and running in Portland, but still plan to use Twisted Throttle as the main distributor on the East Coast. Sounds like they're not expecting the Pro series in stock in either location until November or December, unfortunately.

Actually, I can help on this thread!

I've been emailing with the new SW Motech Portland crew because I have my eye on the Pro City tank bag. So, they're up and running in Portland, but still plan to use Twisted Throttle as the main distributor on the East Coast. Sounds like they're not expecting the Pro series in stock in either location until November or December, unfortunately.

Thanks for the intel.

If anyone gets an update that these have become available in the US, please post to this thread. Thanks!

Looks like they made the mount system similar to the Givi which always worked perfect. They look good and a much improved attachment which was what led me to buy the Givi!

I ordered on Black Friday from SW - Pro Micro en route - Pro Ring backordered from Germany but recent update said by Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back