• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

looking for city to use as a hub for riding in Utah for three days or so

markfreebie

Long story short, I'm a pessimist on what this winter will be like, so myself and two friends from Minnesota & Wisconsin are doing a two-week trip to Colorado and Utah. We've done Colorado a few times before and loved nearly every mile. We're getting an Airbnb in Leadville and will use that as a hub for three-or-four days.

I've been studying the Butler map for Utah and I'm trying to decide what city is the best candidate to use as a hub for three days of riding before we head home. It's mostly about the roads, maybe a little food/culture (90/10).

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Hoffman
2003 K1200GT
Fond du Lac, Wis.
markfreebie@hotmail.com

Given the large swings in elevation between UT cities, the dates of your visit will be important.
Panguitch is a good location for access to some of the best roads, and the national parks, in UT. But it’s at 6600ft elevation so fall mornings are beyond “crisp”. But it’s a stone’s throw from Hwy 12 and provides easy access to Bryce Canyon, Cedar Breaks and the great roads there and back, Boulder Mountain on Hwy 12, and more. Just be ready for cold nights and warm/hot days if you’re there in September or October. Later than that Moab may become a better option, weather-wise.

Best,
DeVern

+1 for Panguich and Moab. In that order.

Good luck. Southern Utah is one of the best riding areas in the USA, better than Colorado IMO.

I would consider the area near Cannonville. There is good pavement and good dirt roads. At Boulder, UT you can head east on Burr Trail and enter the back side of Capital Reef NP. There are many good days of riding in the area and good sights too.

Back