• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How well do you know moto mechanics?

18/20. I missed the jet needle clip question and I know why. Sheesh! I should have paid more attention to the nuance of the question. I played with my jets and needles so much on my ZX11 (4 carbs) I think I was almost an expert. I had her running perfectly.

You raise the clip, you lower the needle and it runs leaner. Lower the clip, you raise the needle and it runs richer. I read the question as raising the needle only.

I got all the suspension questions correct from learning how to tune my track bike suspension.

quiz.JPG

18 out of 20. Guessed a couple correctly. Guessed one wrong and was absolutely sure about one wrong one.

Last edited:
I got 18/20. The question about moving the clip on a needle just I misread (confused up with down) and the other missed question I just didn't know. Ha!

Also consider just because the person knows, it doesn't make him a good mechanic. I know guys that are very intelligent, but they just don't give a damn!

I got 18/20. The question about moving the clip on a needle just I misread (confused up with down) and the other missed question I just didn't know. Ha!

Other than cursing at lawn mowers and chainsaws, I haven't touched a carb since 1986 when the US was blessed with the K75

Back