• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Injector Upgrade

Recently purchased injectors for my R1100GS from the Injector Shop, they were described as “plug and play”. What I didn’t realize was these injectors are encapsulated by a rubber jacket so it appears snap-ring pliers will be required to remove the jacket from the old injectors and installed on the new injectors.

Is there anything else I’m missing before I purchase snap-ring pliers (I’m on the road and don’t pack the pliers)? Thanks for input!
Charlie

Recently purchased injectors for my R1100GS from the Injector Shop, they were described as “plug and play”. What I didn’t realize was these injectors are encapsulated by a rubber jacket so it appears snap-ring pliers will be required to remove the jacket from the old injectors and installed on the new injectors.

Is there anything else I’m missing before I purchase snap-ring pliers (I’m on the road and don’t pack the pliers)? Thanks for input!
Charlie

The seller shipped the incorrect injectors and does not have an upgrade for my bike. However there is a seller mentioned on ADVRIDER in this links: https://advrider.com/f/threads/1200gs-injectors-in-the-1100gs-and-1150gs-vrooom.1181054/

If you are in the U.S. try Fuel Injector Rehab. I just replaced the injectors in my '03 R11S.

Frank

The seller shipped the incorrect injectors and does not have an upgrade for my bike. However there is a seller mentioned on ADVRIDER in this links: https://advrider.com/f/threads/1200gs-injectors-in-the-1100gs-and-1150gs-vrooom.1181054/

I bought that kit for my 1100 and it was as described in the linked thread, and was indeed "plug and play" - the kit came with everything needed to adapt the new style injectors. I was very happy with the outcome; the only downside if you are on the road is that the vendor is in Germany and shipping was a couple weeks as I recall.

I bought that kit for my 1100 and it was as described in the linked thread, and was indeed "plug and play" - the kit came with everything needed to adapt the new style injectors. I was very happy with the outcome; the only downside if you are on the road is that the vendor is in Germany and shipping was a couple weeks as I recall.

I did this one runs better and smoother at speed.

https://www.tills.de/product-47.html

Back