• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

GS-911 Error

burnbender

I have a 2007 R1200RT and last week I did my 6000 mile service. The bike has 47,250 miles. I purchased the bike in February this year. After completing the service I hooked up my yellow GS-911 and ran through checking fror error code of which there were none. Now came the time to reset the service reminder. There were no indicator on the instrument cluster when I started the service because I had only accumulated 5500 miles since purchase.
I had an error code come up for the GS-911 that reads as follows:
The service indicator in the instrument cluster was only introduced in Cad-Bus enabled models that were produced as of August 2007.
The manufacture date of my bike is 02/07. It seems self explanatory but I was not aware there are not any service reminders on my bike.
My question is, is this for real or did I purchase a goofy 911 second hand. :scratch:banghead

That's what it said. I took for granted I needed a diagnostic tool for a R1200RT, or I would have to deal with the yellow triangle staring me in the face. I guess I will have to accumulate the full 6000 miles to see if anything pops up.:blush

I agree, there are may useful things a GS-911 can do, I was just surprised about the service reminder. I just assumed the RT's had that feature. An incredible bike by the way. This is my 3rd BMW. I've had an air head, oil head and now a hex head. Each bike had it's own flavor, tasty.

Back