• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Zumo XT mounted on a R1200RT

lstayner

I finally broke down and bought a Zumo XT GPS. Mounting it on the RT turned out to be fairly easy. I bought a stick on RAM ball and cleaned the area behind the windshield really well. Put it on and let it sit for a couple of days before I used it. I had my phone mounted on the ball for a few hundred miles and it held up perfectly without any issues.

To wire up the Garmin mount, I took the top of the dash off and right speaker off, then ran the wires down to the powerlet plug on the on the right side. I used two posi tap connectors to access switched power.

Sidebar: I ran the wire down and through the BMW GPS mount. Don't put the Garmin connection together until after you run the plug through the small hole. You have to put the end in from the back unless you plan to make a new hole.

So far I am a happy camper. :)

IMG_0931.jpgIMG_0932.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 141
Nicely done! If you wanted a little extra peace of mind, you could run a wire tether around the Garmin-side ball, and around one of the shield brackets.

Back