• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

95 R1100 oil filter help

..... it was a nut glued on it.

Looks like someone's bright idea that didn't quite work out. Chisel or grind or file off the epoxy so that the proper oil filter wrench fits on. Buy proper oil filter wrench. Then remove filter. If possible, have the bike warmed up as I've found it makes filter removal easier.

Looks like someone's bright idea that didn't quite work out. Chisel or grind or file off the epoxy so that the proper oil filter wrench fits on. Buy proper oil filter wrench. Then remove filter. If possible, have the bike warmed up as I've found it makes filter removal easier.
What he said.....

Got it off

Thanks to all the BMW wizards who helped me. I ended up going the 3 screws method after I rounded her off. It was a napa gold filter on it.

Thanks to all the BMW wizards who helped me. I ended up going the 3 screws method after I rounded her off. It was a napa gold filter on it.

The Napa gold filter that I tried took a smaller filter wrench than the OEM filters perhaps the guy found his filter wrench did not fit and tried to get inventive

The Napa gold filter that I tried took a smaller filter wrench than the OEM filters perhaps the guy found his filter wrench did not fit and tried to get inventive

NAPA and most other auto parts stores sell a cup wrench to fit the NAPA filter I am sure. I had to buy a new one to fit the 64mm filters on our G310s. About $5.

Back