• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Attending to update Nav IV

willhawks

In doing so, it has become apparent that there is no discernible data port anywhere I can see. Can someone tell me where the hell this data port is located and how to access it? Many thanks

3hawks

Trying to do the update on my Garmin Nav4. Technical problems

Went to the Garmin Express website, plugged in the GPS to the computer. Followed the steps, ( X8). Website will not recognize my GPS. Tried all the "Tricks" the website suggested. No luck.

Ideas?

Try another USB cable.
Are you using the cable that came with the Nav IV?

Looks like you have two threads running on this topic. I will merge the two later.
Good luck.
OM

Part of the problem.............

A standard Mini USB cable is useless. The one in the back of the unit requires one which is stepped. I called Garmin and the lady was very nice and told me she would send me out the proper cable at no charge. Sooner or later I will sort this out.

Back