• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally Site Zone Rotation Map

If you mean a copy of the three-zone map, one was included in this press release. But if you mean a version that has been updated to reflect any changes in sequence due to this year’s rally being moved to 2021, I’ve not seen anything on that.

Best,
DeVern

Looks like just a 1-year hiccup at this point. 2022 Central, 2023 Eastern, 2024 Western, etc.

Yes, I am looking for a version that has been updated due to this year’s rally being moved to 2021. It is not a big deal. I can work out the sequence. Just nice to have a current map.

Pushed Right

Using the color coded map: 2021 in Great Falls will be Blue (western) 2022 will be central red... 2023 will be scheduled Eastern zone. That year will be the 50th “rally”, 2022 will be the “club’s” 50th Anniversary. As a result of Covid we will have two 50th anniversaries, one for the club and one for the rally.

Which, ironically, aligns us with the quirky anniversary concept of BMW Motorrad: 1919 incorporated/1923 first motorcycle. 2023 will be the 50th rally and the 100th anniversary of Motorrad; if my math and history are right.

... point of information.

True that 2022 would "normally" have been the BMWMOA's 50th consecutive National/International Rally.

The first official National, was 1973 and hosted by our 9th Chartered Club, the BMW Club of Northern California (the 49er's).
And to this day, these folks hold a fine rendezvous! (with an unusual Rally count history themselves)

So as 2022 rolls around, and since we've "skipped" 2020 (COVID), the BMWMOA's "actual" 50th Rally... will be in 23’ and now in the East Zone of the new rally rotation.

Still looking for an updated Rally Zone (color coded) rotation map.

Last edited:
John,
Thanks for the correction. It looks like your Kung Fu math is better than mine. You don’t want me working on graphics. I’ll see what the staff can do about updating the rally map.

If you mean a copy of the three-zone map, one was included in this press release. But if you mean a version that has been updated to reflect any changes in sequence due to this year’s rally being moved to 2021, I’ve not seen anything on that.

Best,
DeVern

RallySiteZones.jpg

OM

Back