• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sargent Seat

jemmons

I am interested in a Sargent Seat to replace my OEM seat on a 2015 GSA.
Interested in knowing if this seat maintains the current height of the original seat on the GSA or would it lower.
From the description it seems as if it is 2 inches lower which I do not want. I would prefer an extra inch but would be ok with original height. I have long legs
Thanks

My advice would be to call them and ask. They will do custom heights and offer different heights as standard. If you want extra height, they can do that too.

Frank

I have the standard Sargent seat on my R1200GS and I do not find that the seat height is any different from the OEM seat. The seat is wider however, and that forces your legs to splay out more when you stop. I also find that the wider seat puts a little more pressure on my thighs. Very well made seat and more comfortable than the OEM for me.

I have the standard Sargent seat on my R1200GS and I do not find that the seat height is any different from the OEM seat. The seat is wider however, and that forces your legs to splay out more when you stop. I also find that the wider seat puts a little more pressure on my thighs. Very well made seat and more comfortable than the OEM for me.
Ditto. I also raised my seat.

I am interested in a Sargent Seat to replace my OEM seat on a 2015 GSA.
Interested in knowing if this seat maintains the current height of the original seat on the GSA or would it lower.
From the description it seems as if it is 2 inches lower which I do not want. I would prefer an extra inch but would be ok with original height. I have long legs
Thanks

Sargent usually has that info on their website

I’ve spoken with them, their standard height seat is indeed shorter than the GSA factory seat. They don’t offer one of the same height as a GSA seat as a stocking item but I’m sure they’d do a custom one for a price.

A custom order should get you exactly what you want. I have Renazco seats on my KTM's, very good aftermarket kit.

what others have noted ... call them .. they are great to work with and will probably add height if you prefer for nearly no extra cost.

Back