Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BMW Rallye Jacket or Others

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    Yes, the jacket liner is oversized to go over the jacket. I have done this several times, very convenient and practical. If you wear an air bag, like I do, remember to put it under your Helite system, you don’t want to compromise the expansion of your airbag system and implode your lungs.
    I'm in the market to get a new jacket. And am late to the party on wearable airbags. What's the scoop on them? I see a couple of jackets with airbags, but looks like the airbag vest is the preferred way to acquiring this rider protection. My searches of the internet have found plenty of products to buy, nothing that reviews products, or explains the preferred solution.

Thanks in advance...
    2016 S1000RR - Red White & Blue & Stock

Quote Originally Posted by guhlly View Post
    I bought a used Rallye Jacket/pants combo and was told the liners can be worn over or under the set... is that true? I'd like to use them as rain gear and wear over the pieces but not sure how well they'll work. Seems like wearing under the jacket would make it mighty cold with evaporative cooling.

Thanks!
    If its raining the liner would be on the outside, and on the inside for cold weather. Thats what I was told. I just bought the Blue and Grey Rally size 58 from a dealer in VA. I have my eye on a Klim but there sizing is different than other companies. One dealer told me he spent over a 1000 dollars on a Klim coat and he has to rolled the cuffs up on the arms. I tried the induction 2 summers ago looks wise it was great, fit wise, either to big or to small.

I'm fortunate enough to have accumulated multiple jackets over the years.
    My fave is my Roadcrafter. (spring fall) I have Klim latitude when it is not cool enough for the Roadcrafter and I have the Klim Marrakesh for summer riding. Some days its my BMW airshell and jeans (really really humid and hot)

Different tools for different jobs
    The pen is mightier than the sword….unless some one is trying to stab you with the sword….then it’s the sword…..definitely the sword

Quote Originally Posted by TracerBullet View Post
    I'm fortunate enough to have accumulated multiple jackets over the years.
    My fave is my Roadcrafter. (spring fall) I have Klim latitude when it is not cool enough for the Roadcrafter and I have the Klim Marrakesh for summer riding. Some days its my BMW airshell and jeans (really really humid and hot)

Different tools for different jobs
    Posts like this mean a great deal more if readers have some sense of the writer's location and climate.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/