Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: BMW Rallye Jacket or Others

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    Yes, the jacket liner is oversized to go over the jacket. I have done this several times, very convenient and practical. If you wear an air bag, like I do, remember to put it under your Helite system, you don’t want to compromise the expansion of your airbag system and implode your lungs.
    I'm in the market to get a new jacket. And am late to the party on wearable airbags. What's the scoop on them? I see a couple of jackets with airbags, but looks like the airbag vest is the preferred way to acquiring this rider protection. My searches of the internet have found plenty of products to buy, nothing that reviews products, or explains the preferred solution.

    Thanks in advance...
    2016 S1000RR - Red White & Blue & Stock

  2. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Capitol District NY
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by guhlly View Post
    I bought a used Rallye Jacket/pants combo and was told the liners can be worn over or under the set... is that true? I'd like to use them as rain gear and wear over the pieces but not sure how well they'll work. Seems like wearing under the jacket would make it mighty cold with evaporative cooling.

    Thanks!
    If its raining the liner would be on the outside, and on the inside for cold weather. Thats what I was told. I just bought the Blue and Grey Rally size 58 from a dealer in VA. I have my eye on a Klim but there sizing is different than other companies. One dealer told me he spent over a 1000 dollars on a Klim coat and he has to rolled the cuffs up on the arms. I tried the induction 2 summers ago looks wise it was great, fit wise, either to big or to small.

  3. #33
    Registered User TracerBullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    my own little slice of heaven
    Posts
    214
    I'm fortunate enough to have accumulated multiple jackets over the years.
    My fave is my Roadcrafter. (spring fall) I have Klim latitude when it is not cool enough for the Roadcrafter and I have the Klim Marrakesh for summer riding. Some days its my BMW airshell and jeans (really really humid and hot)

    Different tools for different jobs
    The pen is mightier than the sword….unless some one is trying to stab you with the sword….then it’s the sword…..definitely the sword

  4. #34
    #13338 PGlaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    "Big Bend" TX
    Posts
    21,950
    Quote Originally Posted by TracerBullet View Post
    I'm fortunate enough to have accumulated multiple jackets over the years.
    My fave is my Roadcrafter. (spring fall) I have Klim latitude when it is not cool enough for the Roadcrafter and I have the Klim Marrakesh for summer riding. Some days its my BMW airshell and jeans (really really humid and hot)

    Different tools for different jobs
    Posts like this mean a great deal more if readers have some sense of the writer's location and climate.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  5. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    25
    I'm bumping this thread to get feedback on how people use their Rallye jackets. Specifically regarding different weather. I came from a Klim Badlands that had a couple hot spots that would cause me discomfort on long rides. I had a rain breach in the jacket last spring and decided I wanted to try the more layered approach to managing the climate.

    First, the "liners."
    Jacket "liner"
    I tried the liners as liners yesterday just to break some wind in 50 degree weather. The jacket zipper leaves metal contact to the neck and wreaked havoc on my neck.
    So, this absolutely must be worn over the jacket for me. Fine.
    Pant liner - I didn't use quotes around liner here because these work as intended.

    So, I don't want to wear an over jacket all winter long here in Vegas and I can't say I've loved the wind getting through the Rallye jacket shell in this weather (will be wonderful in the summer). Does everyone have a mid/base layer that blocks wind or do you just layer extra underneath?

    For rain it seems I'm in a position to either wear the pant liners at the start of the ride where there might be rain, or plan to pull over and add them at the threat of rain in hot weather. That seems less than ideal stripping my pants off to get a liner in on the side of the road.
    So, do most people just keep a one piece rain suit and pretty much ditch the BMW liners completely?

    The comfort of the Rallye jacket in 70 plus degrees and dry conditions is wonderful compared to the Klim I've been using for the last 5 years, but ditching the Gore Tex and needing a more complex decision matrix with all the layers is making me think the layered approach may not be the right one for me. Hoping maybe some others will have some ideas and feedback I haven't thought of.
    2016 R1200GS
    My Adventure Blog

  6. #36
    Registered User TracerBullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    my own little slice of heaven
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Posts like this mean a great deal more if readers have some sense of the writer's location and climate.
    Roadcrafter:30 to 50 degrees 0 to 35 % humidity
    latitude: 50 to 70 degrees 40 to 60 % humidity
    Marrakesh 70 to 85 ish 60 to 80% humidity
    BMW above 80 to 100 degrees and above 80% humidity
    Some overlap of course
    Mid Atlantic
    Hope the clarification helps
    The pen is mightier than the sword….unless some one is trying to stab you with the sword….then it’s the sword…..definitely the sword

  7. #37
    #13338 PGlaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    "Big Bend" TX
    Posts
    21,950
    Quote Originally Posted by TracerBullet View Post
    Roadcrafter:30 to 50 degrees 0 to 35 % humidity
    latitude: 50 to 70 degrees 40 to 60 % humidity
    Marrakesh 70 to 85 ish 60 to 80% humidity
    BMW above 80 to 100 degrees and above 80% humidity
    Some overlap of course
    Mid Atlantic
    Hope the clarification helps
    Roadcrafter 20F to 85F
    Darian 45F to 120F
    Roadgear Mesh 85F up, if only 25 to 50 miles.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by amadison View Post
    I'm in the market to get a new jacket. And am late to the party on wearable airbags. What's the scoop on them? I see a couple of jackets with airbags, but looks like the airbag vest is the preferred way to acquiring this rider protection. My searches of the internet have found plenty of products to buy, nothing that reviews products, or explains the preferred solution.

    Thanks in advance...
    This is the best review I’ve seen on the internet. I personally wear the Helite turtle.

    https://youtu.be/N2jZryt607U
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA President

Similar Threads

  1. Rallye 2 Pro jacket/in the Rain
    By jhglaw in forum Gear
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 09:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •