• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Radio / Battery

jlhbmw14

2016 R1200RT

Radio not finding stations.
I had to disconnect the battery to install some accessories. I did reset the date so the service light went off. However the FM radio will not find stations. Just keeps scanning.
What am I doing wrong

Last edited:
Year/model might help, as not all wetheads have a radio.

My first suggestion would be to verify that the antenna is plugged in.

radio

I agree about the antennae but have had some radios that have two power leads one to keep memory when key off and if not connected the radio would not work properly. I do not know if this is true on the bmw bikes.

Are you waiting a minute or more before trying the scan?

"After the audio system has been switched on, the tuner needs about one minute to find all the receivable stations. Allow this time to expire before starting an automatic search, as otherwise stations not found before your search starts cannot be taken into account."

Ok thanks

This is definitely something I have not experienced until I removed panels to run wires for lights and camera. I'm going to have to remove all those panels again to see if something got disconnected.

Back