• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

My First BMW

Thank you for the kind words.

I snuck out and got the bike safety inspected today. Now completely road legal. :dance

Took the long way home and added 14 miles to the odo, but never got out of 3rd gear. (Hey, I live in an urban area with low speed limits and it takes about an hour to cover 14 miles!)

Wow! Compared to my 250, this thing has some serious grunt. It's going to take some getting used to the extra power and weight. But overall I was very pleased with how nicely balanced this bike is. Just need to keep practicing.:thumb

Where are you located?

Counting this time... the words “mighty” and “Ural“ used together, once. :brow

I here with challenge you on your RT and me on my Ural to a race. Zero to 20MPH.... in reverse.... on sand. (Consider your face slapped by a rather expensive calf skin glove).

Have you forgotten the mighty Ural? ;)

<iframe width="994" height="559" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5v_S8i4KSfM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harry

<iframe width="994" height="559" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5v_S8i4KSfM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harry

That is one ugly Russian woman! Former Olympic swimmer, I'm guessing.

I here with challenge you on your RT and me on my Ural to a race. Zero to 20MPH.... in reverse.... on sand. (Consider your face slapped by a rather expensive calf skin glove).

Ouch! That calf skin glove smites a bit. After watching the Ryan FortNine video, I’ll just roll over on my back pee on myself and suck my thumb in submission.

Ouch! That calf skin glove smites a bit. After watching the Ryan FortNine video, I’ll just roll over on my back pee on myself and suck my thumb in submission.

I am one of those who don't think the sun rises and sets on Ryan FortNine's opinions. :brow Having said that, I have a very good friend who lives within "service" distance of the Ural importer in Washington state. He is on his second or third Ural and rides them 100+ miles a day on his work commute. He has had at least one engine replaced, several clutches, and a bunch of other work I can't remember. His got his first Ural about 15 years ago at least. He did get over 100,000 miles on it, but it was the one that took a lot of work. The second one has disk brakes and fuel injection and has been much more reliable. Because he rides so much, the importer gave him their prototype electric model to test ride for several months. That version had just at 100 miles range - at least the way he rode it - so he would need to charge it while at work, but overall he said it was very fast and he didn't have any issues with it.

I am one of those who don't think the sun rises and sets on Ryan FortNine's opinions. :brow Having said that, I have a very good friend who lives within "service" distance of the Ural importer in Washington state. He is on his second or third Ural and rides them 100+ miles a day on his work commute. He has had at least one engine replaced, several clutches, and a bunch of other work I can't remember. His got his first Ural about 15 years ago at least. He did get over 100,000 miles on it, but it was the one that took a lot of work. The second one has disk brakes and fuel injection and has been much more reliable. Because he rides so much, the importer gave him their prototype electric model to test ride for several months. That version had just at 100 miles range - at least the way he rode it - so he would need to charge it while at work, but overall he said it was very fast and he didn't have any issues with it.

Sounds like a guy I know from the Soviet Steeds forum. Goes by “Windmill”. Knowledgeable and always helpful.

Traffic? I spent 2+ months pedalling around Taipei, that traffic was mad but at least they know what bicycles are on the road!

It takes a bit of nerve to handle that traffic on two wheels.

Nothing like Taipei I'm sure, but I wouldn't call it a fun place to ride by any stretch. I don't rack up loads of miles in my local rides, but they are what I describe as "high intensity" riding miles. There's no letting your guard down, have to be constantly on high alert. I consider it a good ride if I only have to "practice" my emergency stop once or twice.

I look forward to the day when I can head out to the mid-West and West to enjoy some more relaxing miles. Finally have a bike that makes that possible. :thumb

Nothing like Taipei I'm sure, but I wouldn't call it a fun place to ride by any stretch. I don't rack up loads of miles in my local rides, but they are what I describe as "high intensity" riding miles. There's no letting your guard down, have to be constantly on high alert. I consider it a good ride if I only have to "practice" my emergency stop once or twice.

I look forward to the day when I can head out to the mid-West and West to enjoy some more relaxing miles. Finally have a bike that makes that possible. :thumb

By Frederick, MD the craziness drops and North of Hagerstown, MD it's Banjo Music country if you stay west of I-81.

I truly appreciated the teenagers from Potomac HS playing slalom racer on I-495 from 3~4:30P with their $70~100K cars. But, I was driving rental cars, so I was a bit detached.

Back