• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Comcast Business TV Commercial, 'Don't Just Bounce Back, Bounce Forward'

I believe this is precisely what is going to happen all around the world. Some businesses won't survive at all, some will come back and be the same as before the pandemic. But some will come back better, stronger, faster than ever. In a decade we will all wonder why business was not like that all along. The old business model will hang on for a while simply due to nostalgia, and may be fine with the old style transactions as long as some customers want to stay with it. But the major future growth will belong to those businesses that change and adapt and try a new way.

p.s. I, for one, am ready for buying a vehicle entirely online. I will do all the online research and ask the "dealership" to bring a particular model to my home for a test ride. I will ride it and decide if I want to buy or test a different model. Repeat as necessary. I think such a future will be cool.

I don’t think I could buy on line unless it makes the whole experience much more transparent. I realize that the marketing groups are making it sound like (in an ad), “now you can buy a car while sitting in bed binge watching your favorite program”.
And buying a used car? I like to look them over pretty good- in person. I guess if you were completely “brand loyal” and were replacing pretty much exact vehicles it would be easier :dunno
I guess time will tell.
OM

I don’t think I could buy on line unless it makes the whole experience much more transparent. I realize that the marketing groups are making it sound like (in an ad), “now you can buy a car while sitting in bed binge watching your favorite program”.
And buying a used car? I like to look them over pretty good- in person. I guess if you were completely “brand loyal” and were replacing pretty much exact vehicles it would be easier :dunno
I guess time will tell.
OM

Before I would be OK with that type of a car purchase used car salespersons would need a pretty stout ethical cleansing.

It is a Toaster!

YUP it is a Toaster and behind it is a '70s 4 cylinder Asian bike, nice and extra nice for both bikes. Can't tell the years but for sure the early '70s. Man, my close friend (Norman) and I made fun of those Toaster (Honda? a little late Wanna be's style) and plastic fenders, What the "F" ? That was my thought then and now look at the desire to have one. What the He?? What was so wrong with the /2 that most don't notice? Could it be the lack of a kick start? Heavy steel fenders? Oh My Goodness its only a 6 volt electrical system! I could go on and on here but really, I love the brand and all the quirks and clunkies that go with it. Pre-/2, /2, /5's, Toasters, /6 and beyond they all have that unique look and if your lucky to own and ride one then you have what I feel is the Ultimate Riding and Owning Experience.

Its nice to see the antique and vintage bikes pop up in adds and media from time to time I could only hope more people would try to learn a little about the history and advancements motorcycles have made since they were introduced back in the late 1800's.

Tales from “wicked schmart” toaster operators. :hungover
this was real
OM

Attachments

• 08B4FB7A-A6BA-4BB6-B946-3A6778C59E27.jpg
    08B4FB7A-A6BA-4BB6-B946-3A6778C59E27.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 91
I saw the toaster

Hi
Saw the toaster right away when I first saw the ad. Said to the wife "there's my bike". She noticed too. I wish I had a small local shop in my neighborhood. I live south of Boston and have to travel to get to a decent mechanic. The ad made me think of all the small mom and pop shops that have closed. I have 3 toasters and think they are the swiss army knife of bikes. Highway, dirt, and everything in-between. Love those /5's. Although I do remember back in the day, seeing the toaster side covers on the counter at the dealer used as an ash tray. The owner said the toasters were not selling because of the smaller tank, the big boys wanted the larger touring tank. And he also said the colored bikes, especially the green ones were sitting and not selling. Back then the black ones sold right away. Anyway saw and loved the toaster in the ad.
Brian
blue toaster 73lwb
green toaster 73lwb
curry toaster 72
blue 88r100rt
red ducati 05 st3
black 05 road king

Back