• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Clymer manual

tibork

This finally came in the mail, it was highly recommended by BMW mechanics so I got one and now I can see why. It has about 750 pages of detailed information with many pictures, diagrams (includes wiring diagrams), and instructions on how to fix just about everything. The repair instructions also include the torque requirements for each bolt! This particular manual includes several models and different years. I got this one from eBay for $38 shipped, I think my first (undergoing) repair on the bike will well save me that price.

IMG_2744.jpg
IMG_2745.jpg

Another thread in here somewhere tells which of those torque values are wrong...

True, but overall it is a good manual. I like the Haynes for those models better because of the way it is organized (I have the Factory manual, the Clymer Manual and the Haynes Manual) but the Clymer is a worthwhile buy. Have fun.

The OE manuals are the best. The same applies for the schematics CD.

I agree with one caveat: The OE manuals assume a certain level of mechanical expertise; typically factory school; and a clear understanding of BMW terminology which in some respects can be peculiar. The Haynes and Clymer manuals do not assume as high a level of technical competence and thus often explain things in greater detail. However, specifications are more reliable - but not fool proof - in the factory manuals.

I have the both the Factory & Clymer manuals, as well as a binder full of internet tech stuff assembled by the PO. That said, the Clymer is my go to as it has all the needed info to keep me out of trouble. Of course in many cases I would still be lost without the expert and helpful folks on this forum. Well worth the price of admission.:thumb:thumb:thumb

I have the both the Factory & Clymer manuals, as well as a binder full of internet tech stuff assembled by the PO. That said, the Clymer is my go to as it has all the needed info to keep me out of trouble. Of course in many cases I would still be lost without the expert and helpful folks on this forum. Well worth the price of admission.:thumb:thumb:thumb

I couldn't agree more

I like to have both factory and aftermarket manuals. I find one helps explain the other.
OM

I have Haynes for my R1100S, R65LS, KTM 525XCW, and Aprilia SR50. All I need is the one for my KTM 640Adventure.

Back