• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

VIN Decoder ?? - - MDecoder not working for me anymore

vark

Can anyone recommend a currently active VIN decoder website that will provide options as well as the basic info?

My go-to, mdecoder.com, has suddenly stopped working for me. It says I've exceeded the daily limit, but I haven't even used it for quite a while.

I've tried others that I found posted in older threads, too. It seems these websites all seem to have a limited lifespan. Does BMW shut them down or something?

Worked fine for me at 315PM EDT on 7/22. Tried a motorcycle and a car. Both worked.

One issue which has started to appear is the fact that BMW started re-using the last seven digits. I believe this practice began in 2019.

Thanks for the reply. I can't get it to work for me anymore. Sent you a PM.

I tried your VIN and now I get the same message you get.

You have reached a daily limit for using decoder service.
Paid access will be implemented in few days.

I tried your VIN and now I get the same message you get.

You have reached a daily limit for using decoder service.
Paid access will be implemented in few days.

Thanks for trying it.

I wonder if they somehow stored the VIN I tried running earlier today, and are blocking it completely? Maybe to prevent me from circumventing by having someone else run it?

Again it seems odd because I had not used their website for several weeks at least.

I wonder if they somehow stored the VIN I tried running earlier today, and are blocking it completely? Maybe to prevent me from circumventing by having someone else run it?

Could be.

I just tried it now with Debbie's VIN and it worked again.

Back