• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sucking jet pump?

bryancarlin

I have a 2008 R1200GSA that sprung a gas leak at the top of the right side tank. It looks like it is coming from this part called the sucking jet pump? Has anyone replaced this before? Does it take any special tools or knowledge? Thanks for the help.

The sucking jet pump is a return flow venturi powered pump that transfers fuel from the right lobe to the left side on GSA's.
The was a recall on that part. (item 1)
Check with your dealer.

Attachments

• B0008462.png
    B0008462.png
    64 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I've had those parts replaced twice on my GS under the recall. The second time the plastic parts failed in less than 2000 miles. Unscientifically I am convinced it is the result of the EU recycle manditory for plastics
rule and our ethanol infused fuel. Since then I avoid that fuel whenever possible and haven't had any problems.

Many of the parts are available aftermarket through Beemerboneyard in stainless steel.

Back