• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Paint code location

burnbender

I have a 2007 R1200RT in the Biarritz blue met. color way. Is there a label on the frame that indicates paint code or does anyone know what that paint code might be. I dumped my bike in some gravel and need to repaint my bag lid. Thanks.:blush

I have the same model/color and took it to a good paint/body shop here in town and they perfectly matched it with no problem. The cost was about $100 for each lid about 5 years ago. I got the top case matched and the two side cases done and both mirror panels done for $450. All looked brand new and didn’t have to give them the codes.

Thanks for the info guys, I know of an auto body guy I respect and gave him the paint code, which he said was helpful. He mentioned the method of having a paint store take a picture and match the paint from that. This should be no problem. Having a scratched up bag is just embarrassing to explain.:whistle

Back