• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

hill start/stop software update on older gsa

newmexbmw

So my local dealer is saying the TFT display is necessary to install the sofware update for the hill start feature. I believe the TFT is the newer dash on the 2018 model. I have read some posts on the adv rider that imply it can be installed on the older bikes without the newer TFT dash. I'm not sure my local dealer is really that motivated. has anyone tried this? I have a 2017 GSA and my sole interest is to hold the bike on a hill while releasing the brake.

So my local dealer is saying the TFT display is necessary to install the sofware update for the hill start feature. I believe the TFT is the newer dash on the 2018 model. I have read some posts on the adv rider that imply it can be installed on the older bikes without the newer TFT dash. I'm not sure my local dealer is really that motivated. has anyone tried this? I have a 2017 GSA and my sole interest is to hold the bike on a hill while releasing the brake.

What dealership?

Welcome to the forum!
There has been a lot of talk about the “hill hold” feature. I can’t help you but I’ll bet some of the regular contributors can.
If the response is slow, I will move this to Wetheads for you.
Good luck.
Gary

hill stop,

I don't want to trash the dealer by giving out their name but it did occur to me that the earlier models did have the hill start as an options and the new TFT came out in 2018, so I don't think it is true that the TFT is nec. I appreciate all the help, thanks

I don't want to trash the dealer by giving out their name but it did occur to me that the earlier models did have the hill start as an options and the new TFT came out in 2018, so I don't think it is true that the TFT is nec. I appreciate all the help, thanks

Perchance a dealer in the same building as the Mini Dealer?

Back