• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New owner in SoCal looking for a chartered club to fit into

r0ckrat

Hi all, new to MOA and BMW Motorrad, but a previous BMW auto owner.

I used to belong to the PNW (Pacific Northwest) chapter of the BMWCCA, and am looking to join an MOA chapter in the Southern California area. It looks like the options for me are the BMW Club of Southern California and South Coast BMW Riders Club.

I have a '16 R1200R LC, don't offroad, but really enjoy twisties. My previous ride was a 2006 Suzuki SV650 that in 7 years put almost 80,000 miles on with combined commuting, weekend day rides, and a few touring trips.

Does anyone have opinions or info about the two clubs mentioned (beyond what the home pages for each show)?

I appreciate any info available.

Oh, and are dues required in addition to MOA dues? This would be different than the CCA, where joining the club meant being a member of a chapter, not having to join both separately.

Thanks!

BMW MOA Chartered Clubs are independent from the MOA. They have their own dues structure, meetings, and events. They charter with the MOA and receive a variety of benefits.

Clubbing it!

Only YOU can tell if you'll fit in with any local club. So look up the contacts and go out and meet the clubs in question.
This may take a few months to really check them out. I can go on and on based on the many clubs that I have been a member of, but again, you have to decide where you fit in regardless of MOA or RA charter.

Last edited:
BMW Club of Southern California

I'm a long term member of the BMWCOSC. Both groups, you note, are great organizations. In some cases, the group a person, belongs to has to do with home location. The BMWCOSC membership is primarily in Los Angeles and the Valley. First years club dues are $45, and after that are $35 per year. More information can be found at BMWCOSC.com or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/bmwcosc

Once you become a member, there is a private member site on Facebook.

I hope this helps.

If I can be of more assistance, PM me.

Howard

Back