• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

F750gs - r100rs

motodan

Since very little gets written regarding F models thought I'd spring for a few sentences.

This is by no means a true comparison, but than again it is. I've owned several R100RS over the years (two 88's, a '90 R100 converted to a R100RS and one R100S converted back to a RS)...loved the look and fairing protection, especially in cooler Spring/Fall riding. I now have a 2020 F750GS with Madstad 20" system, a Sargent seat and Suburban Mach lowered foot pegs. I know, two totally different bikes....however, when riding I get some of the same feel from this F as I did those R's. R had 60 to 70 HP depending on year, F has 77 HP and power delivery very similar. Torque within 8 ft lbs. Weight, about 10 pounds difference, no full fairing, but with Madstad system provides good upper body coverage and handlebar placement better on F for these old bones. F does have better MPG and certainly uses less oil, if any. I do get some good "R" vibes out of this "F". and as compared to the '88 model those black wheels are another comparison.

Last edited:
How tall are you? I have that model with the original windscreen (if you can call it that) and I’m considering getting some wind protection. I’m 6’ 3” and I’m concerned that I won’t like the look of a screen tall enough to give me wind protection at the helmet level.

And while I’m at it, even though I got the comfort seat from the factory, that is a misnomer. After 60-90 minutes, my butt needs a break.

How tall are you? I have that model with the original windscreen (if you can call it that) and I’m considering getting some wind protection. I’m 6’ 3” and I’m concerned that I won’t like the look of a screen tall enough to give me wind protection at the helmet level.

And while I’m at it, even though I got the comfort seat from the factory, that is a misnomer. After 60-90 minutes, my butt needs a break.

I'm 5'11". I'd recommend a Madstad System with 20 or 22" screen. My 20" screen is more than adequate, most times I do not have it completely extended. I get "full" protection without buffeting and ride much of the time with helmet visor up. My inseam is 30". And remember, these screens have about 2 inches of travel. Do the measurement as Madstad ad indicates and order one...you won't be sorry.

I'm 5'11". I'd recommend a Madstad System with 20 or 22" screen. My 20" screen is more than adequate, most times I do not have it completely extended. I get "full" protection without buffeting and ride much of the time with helmet visor up. My inseam is 30". And remember, these screens have about 2 inches of travel. Do the measurement as Madstad ad indicates and order one...you won't be sorry.

Do you have any photos of your 20” Madstad windscreen?

Looks great! Thanks for the photos.

Do you happen to know where the 20” measurement is taken? I couldn’t find that detail on their website. Is it from top edge to bottom edge, or some other intermediate distance?

Do you have any photos of your 20” Madstad windscreen?

Here's a better (upright set of photos)...and to your question, height is measured at mid screen, from very bottom to top. For a more precise measurement on a 2020 F750GS, when screen fully extended upward, from top of headlight to top of screen approximately 23.5 inches. This is with shield at 60 degrees.

Attachments

• IMG_6473.jpg
    IMG_6473.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6474.jpg
    IMG_6474.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6475.jpg
    IMG_6475.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6476.jpg
    IMG_6476.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 44
Here's a better (upright set of photos)...and to your question, height is measured at mid screen, from very bottom to top. For a more precise measurement on a 2020 F750GS, when screen fully extended upward, from top of headlight to top of screen approximately 23.5 inches. This is with shield at 60 degrees.

Thanks very much for taking the time to get this info. Much appreciated.

Back