• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Looking for an Owner of a R 1250 GSA in the California East Bay Area?

Welcome to the forum!
I guess I would ask to see the title. If there was a previous owner, the owner would be listed. If they produce a MSO (manufacturer’s statement of origin) you would know it’s really a demo.
I always expect simple questions to be truthfully answered when I spend that kind of money...... yeah, I get disappointed.
Let us know how you make out.
Good luck.
Gary

If you have reason to believe that the dealer is not being honest with you then you need to move on. I am, however, what questions the dealership could not or would not answer.

Perhaps I’m misreading the OP’s post and the ad it refers to. The ad looks to me like a dealer selling a demo bike. The OP appears to me to be asking for input and answers to questions from present owners of R1250GS bikes, since he apparently has questions about the R1250GS bikes, technical or usage questions, that the dealer has not been able to answer to the OP’s satisfaction.

So hopefully an owner or two can respond to the OP. It would have helped if the OP had actually posted his questions here.

And if the above take on the OP’s post is incorrect, then I’m likely to go with option 2, which is that the post, which was post #1 from a new signup, is a troll post of sorts...

Best,
DeVern

Perhaps I’m misreading the OP’s post and the ad it refers to. The ad looks to me like a dealer selling a demo bike. The OP appears to me to be asking for input and answers to questions from present owners of R1250GS bikes, ....
DeVern

My reading, based partly on the post title, is that he wanted to ask questions of the prior owner of a bike the dealership was selling. I did ask in an earlier reply what specific questions he had. Maybe he will get back to this thread.

My reading, based partly on the post title, is that he wanted to ask questions of the prior owner of a bike the dealership was selling. I did ask in an earlier reply what specific questions he had. Maybe he will get back to this thread.

In re-reading the ad, I think you are correct—I saw the 600mi service completed but did not register that the bike had almost 2900 miles on it. I’m surprised the dealer could not adequately address the OP’s questions-as you said, maybe the OP will return here.

Best,
DeVern

I own a 2017 GSA so I know my way around the bike. My questions for the (maybe) 1st. owner are maintenance and recall questions. And to ask if he ever dropped it.

I own a 2017 GSA so I know my way around the bike. My questions for the (maybe) 1st. owner are maintenance and recall questions. And to ask if he ever dropped it.

That’s what I figured.
These bikes mark pretty easy. You should be able to tell with a reasonable viewing. Seeing it (looks) like it’s being sold by a dealer, they should be able to run the VIN and see what is up with any recall work.
Looks good from over here :wave
OM

That’s what I figured.
These bikes mark pretty easy. You should be able to tell with a reasonable viewing. Seeing it (looks) like it’s being sold by a dealer, they should be able to run the VIN and see what is up with any recall work.
Looks good from over here :wave
OM

BMW Recall site says no recalls:

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 7.23.04 AM.png

The dealership has to know who the previous owner is. But I understand why they might not wish to disclose that information because some people would object to that being released. So the very simple and courteous way to deal with the situation is for the dealership to contact the prior owner and ask if they would mind calling the prospective buyer. So simple.

That, of course, unless the dealership knows something about the bike they do not wish to be disclosed.

BMW Recall site says no recalls

Technically, there is one, in that the bikes come from the Berlin factory with the flashing brake light pattern, which is technically illegal in the U.S., and the recall is to reset the flashing pattern to the steady-on light pattern.

Since I like the flashing brake light pattern, if the bike goes in for service, there'll be a note on the service order that specifies that I don't want the pattern changed. If the dealership ignores my wishes, I've got the GS-911 tool and will set it back the way I like it. ;-)

Back