• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nav V in 2013 K1600GTL

TimFarno

Swapping my Nav V between my 2016 R1200GSA and my 2013 K1600GTL and cannot get any Nav wonder wheel function on the 2013 GTL. Can anyone help?

What are you trying to do?
Use the WW to scroll to "Navigation" and from there you should be able to utilize the various functions of the GPS.
Zoom. Page. Compass. Route stats, etc.
Also make sure your contacts are clean.

Joe

wonder wheel and nav 5

Swapping my Nav V between my 2016 R1200GSA and my 2013 K1600GTL and cannot get any Nav wonder wheel function on the 2013 GTL. Can anyone help?

I don't know how it would be mounted on the GSA, but are you using the in-dash pop-up connection under the windshield on the K?

Thanks for the replies. I am trying to use the WW on my GTL to control the scroll, zoom and normal WW functions of the Nav V. The contacts are clean and I am mounting the Nav V in the GTL dash (replacing the Nav IV).

Thanks for the replies. I am trying to use the WW on my GTL to control the scroll, zoom and normal WW functions of the Nav V. The contacts are clean and I am mounting the Nav V in the GTL dash (replacing the Nav IV).

For what you describe, it should be plug and play.
Are you able to scroll to the NAV page?
Once there you should be able to access all the interface functions.
The Big K should recognize that a GPS is installed.

Joe

The wonder wheel option do not work the same between the 2 bikes. While the GS has the ability to roll through zoom and other items, The K16 you have to use the dashboard selection screen on the bike itself, it does not work as fluently as the GS's setup does.

You have to select the Nav screen by using the menu toggle and then when you are at the Nav page, you then use the WW to scroll thru

Back