Thread: JFK and The Warren Commission - revisited.

Original 1973 LWB R75/5 TheSlashFiveTourer's Avatar

JFK and The Warren Commission - revisited.

Film on Cuban link to JFK's death to air on CBC TELEVISION

Any JFK/Warren Commission/Conspiracy Theory buffs with access to
    CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) may want to watch a new German documentary on the matter this Sunday evening, the 26th of March: "Rendezvous with Death: JFK and the Cuban Connection airs Sunday at 10 p.m. EST/PST on CBC-TV and Sunday at 10 p.m. and 1 a.m. EST/PST on CBC Newsworld."

Check out the news blurb for CBC TV's 'The Passionate Eye' programme.
    ~ ~ ~ /5 Express
    Have Train? - Will Travel!

Can you send me a tape? We stoopid Yanks don't get that channel.
    Thanks eh?
    2012 R1200GS
    "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad
    http://www.thethingaboutcars.com/

Ditto, or we could start a ring... but that would be conspiritorial. Seriously I am interested also.

Pssst........Go checkout starchoice.com then checkout kusat.com and buy a receiver (model 505 is good) then order your programing package through an address broker and you too will be watching the CBC and in hi-def yet. Their standard def pix quality will blow your mind as well.
    Jammess

'93 R1100RSL, '10 FJR1300A
    MOA # 50714

jfk

You'll get one of the best news services in the world; compliments of the Canadian taxpayer. And watching the Stars or the Wild in high def will blow your mind.

Rinty
    Last edited by Rinty; 03-25-2006 at 05:01 PM. Reason: add something.

I'll go along with all that Rinty. When I got my Star choice system I never thought I would get hooked on the CBC for news but that's what happened. The National is just amazing and their in depth coverage is fantastic. I have also learned much about the Canadian system of government. I watched the debates and there is a big difference between the US and Canada in that things like health care and the Kyoto accord really matter to people. If I were Canadian I think I would lean towards the NDP. I was impressed with Jack Layton. Harper is a sharp guy for sure, however. I think the Canadian system makes the government much more accountable to the people. Would be interesting to see how Bush would fare north of the boarder. The sponsorship scandal only amounted to mis-appropriation of around 125 million bucks. Down here that wouldn't even make the news much less bring down the government.
    Jammess

MOA # 50714

cbc

Red:
    Thank you for your kind comments, but the fact of the matter is that Canada has serious structural problems. The constitution was drafted right after the American Civil War, in anticipation of an American invasion, and is seriously flawed. To make a long story short, all the power is concentrated in the Prime Minister's Office and it is almost impossible to bring political pressure to bear there. The senate is appointed by the PMO so there is no effective or regional representation there. Quebec and Ontario have enough seats to carry the lower house (Parliament), and in any event, our legislature does not have effective power to strike special committees that have the ability to investigate matters of public concern, issue subpoenas or impose sanctions. Worst of all, the cabinet is appointed from sitting government members, so the Prime Minister has complete control over the party. Our Supreme Court candidates are not publicly vetted. We can't even directly vote for or against our Prime Minister, unless we live in his riding.
    With your system of checks and balances, which is based on a healthy theory of mistrust of politicians, the people have much more input into major issues. For example, the Administration's port security decision is being reviewed because of an initiative in the House. In Canada, that would have been a five minute cabinet decision, with no possibility of review. Our country is too big for a federal parliamentary system to work.
    I know America has its problems, but I really envy your system.
    I think if it wasn't for the fact that most Canadians are so good natured and don't like to stir up trouble, the whole country would have fallen apart long ago.
    But I wouldn't live anywhere else.
    Rinty

rinty, thanks for the insight. Could be what we have here is a case of the grass looking greener. Oh, almost forgot, CKUA I listen to it constantly thanx to Star Choice.
    Jammess

MOA # 50714

warren commission

We appreciate your interest. We almost lost CKUA a few years ago, but they mounted a financial campaign and rescued it. U of A is one of my alma maters. I watch a lot of your PBS hi def; the nature shows are spectacular.

Rinty

jerryb

Let's hear it for the Canadians!

I think if it wasn't for the fact that most Canadians are so good natured and don't like to stir up trouble, the whole country would have fallen apart long ago.
    But I wouldn't live anywhere else.
    Rinty[/QUOTE]

To me that's no idle statement. Canadians have intrigued me with their friendliness for many years.

Michigander Jerryb
    Last edited by jerryb; 04-16-2006 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Forgot Title