• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

K100 Front End Setup

derailment

Anybody have a clue as how to set the sag on a K100 fork? These are Brembos, and have the plug on top that is held with an open end wrench, with the socket head fill bolt within. Currently my sag is +-2.5" and I'd like to bring it up an inch.

The brakes may be Brembos, but I doubt the forks are.
I don't know what the spec for initial sag is, but I usually go with about 1/3 of total travel. I believe your bike has just over 7" of travel so it may be correct right where it is.
Only way I know of to adjust sag is to preload the spring. I don't think there is any built-in adjustment method.

I agree, it is not externally adjustable. You can increase sag by reducing the length of a preload spacer if it is equipped with one. Or you can decrease sag by installing longer preload spacers.

You can reduce dive under braking by increasing the amount oil in each fork by 10 or 15cc or so.

What are you trying to accomplish?

We ask that you always include the YEAR and MODEL (RS, RT, LT, etc). IN THE TITLE of any thread that you start.

This is a perfect example of why. K100s went through three different styles of forks with different travel lengths. It really helps to know which ones e are talking about. Its like asking "How many cubic inches is a Corvette engine?". Ya got to be more specific! And put it in the title.

:dance:dance:dance

Back