• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

1987 K75C 63k Top Case and mount bracket question

pjar

PeteG
Does anyone have this mounting rack (image 1) and this case and mount plate (image 2)? I'm considering a purchase and it seems that I would need extender legs at the bottom of the mounting rack nearest the taillight in order to have the case sit level. Is that correct? If so, would it matter if the case was not level (not using the extender legs)?

Thanks!
Pete

Attachments

• top case mount sm.jpg
    top case mount sm.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Case and plate.png
    Case and plate.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
Pete,

No spacers needed. The bottom of the topbox accounts for the angle of the rack (these German engineers are clever that way).

You will need to REMOVE and drill your tail section.

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?93048-Drilling-the-Tail-Section-to-Mount-Factory-Rear-Rack

If those are the pictures of the actual box and rack you are getting, they appear to be in VERY nice condition! :thumb

:dance:dance:dance

Thanks Lee. The mount rack is mine. The box and plate looked nicer than what was shown from a seller in Canada. Just checked it and it came up as SOLD. My search continues! Very good to know that case will work with my rack.

Pete

Back