• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Membership Renewal

m_stock10506

My membership expires 10-31. I went to the MOA website and signed on, clicked on the Renew Membership, but it brings me to a page with no options to renew.

I can work my way around a web page. I can't find the link to actually process a renewal.

What gives?

Same for me...mine is in November. Could be you're not in the window for renewal...got to get closer to 10-31? My guess...

Same for me...mine is in November. Could be you're not in the window for renewal...got to get closer to 10-31? My guess...

Yeah, I suppose that's it. Somebody from the MOA team might want to rethink that..... Someone wants to renew and they can't might just change their mind later.

There must be some way to over ride this limitation. In the past, I purchased a "gift" year for someone (I had no idea when their actual expiration date occurred). I believe that I did this at a rally registration with Ted Moyer some years back.

If you want to renew early ask Ray Tubbs for help. ray@bmwmoa.org
I have ours setup to auto renew each year. The auto renew option sends a few bucks to the Foundation.

You can renew early but it is a manual process. The system will allow you to renew 120 days in advance of your expiration date. We have the ability to open that window, but then you get automatic messages every time you log in that tell you to renew your membership. For the other half of the organization, that is just as annoying a problem to receive notices to renew your membership when you have over four months left.

Regardless, we can renew you early. The membership team will send you a link to pay online and compete the process ahead of the 120 day limitation.

Ted

You can renew early but it is a manual process. The system will allow you to renew 120 days in advance of your expiration date. We have the ability to open that window, but then you get automatic messages every time you log in that tell you to renew your membership. For the other half of the organization, that is just as annoying a problem to receive notices to renew your membership when you have over four months left.

Regardless, we can renew you early. The membership team will send you a link to pay online and compete the process ahead of the 120 day limitation.

Ted

I appreciate that Ted. It won't be necessary. Knowing that the window to renew will open at 120 days, I'll wait until then and renew at that time.

Instead of a confusing web page without information, I'll offer two suggestions.

1. Put a message on that page that tells the member when a renewal is possible, or just that it can be done within 120 days of expiration.
2. If a member is signed on, and they click on the renew membership link, display a link that allows them to renew.

Ted
:thumb

Seeing something that I have not noticed/seen in MANY YEARS. Perhaps a decade or more. An Exec. Director being just that. Thanks TMoyer for the excellent example of your leadership. I know, knowing you, that it has only begun and OUR Club will be the beneficiary...……..God bless...…...Dennis :groovy :wave

Dennis, next time I need to write an "atta-boy" note or a letter of suck up... can I call on you for some words of wisdom?

Because you rule the nest on kindness and decorum!

Your message is both well stated and accurate my friend.

Back