• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Yellow tank bag map cover.

jdubick

jdubeemer
I have a 2010 R1200RT with the model specific BMW tank bag. Yes it is 10 years old and the plastic map cover had turned dark orange even though it never spends any time parked outside. I learned years ago that insect repellent spray with DEET will remove the yellow stain from plastic automotive headlights. I was headed out Friday to meet fellow BMW Alabama friends at TWO (two wheels only) campground in Suches, GA and put a route map in the tank bag. (yes I have a gps but like a map too) I could hardly read it so I grabbed a can of repellant spray and the cover came really clean. The rag came away chocolate brown. Maybe ya'll already know this but if you don't give it a try.

Great timing! I used mine on the weekend and thought I need to try plastix or another product to see if I could get rid of the yellow. I will give the bug spay with Deet a shot. thanks for the tip

Nice tip. I'll have to try.

It never ceases to amaze me how brain dead tank bag manufacturers are when they chose the material for the windows.
Why not simply use boat window clear material?
My boat windows are still clear after 30 years.

Thanks Jim, I’ll have to try this one out. Hope TWO went well.

Not too many Alabama folks there but the place was jammed with bikes at lunch time Saturday. The cabins and lodge rooms were all rented and quite a few tent campers as well. The food was good and they had plenty of picnic tables to eat out side but the dining room was not available except to order your food and pick it up at a window outside.

Back